Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

HifiBerry ADC pass-through - possible?
Hello all

I'm running an rPi 4 with a HifiBerry DAC+ ADC and I'd like to pass through my TV's audio from the analogue input, via the Pi, to my amplifier. At the moment I need to change inputs on the amp from the Pi to the TV, which is a bit inconvenient.

I guess for this to work the Pi would need to 'mix', or switch between, the ADC's input and the sound generated by moode. Is this possible?

@Humus describes what I'm trying to do here (http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...7#pid15437) but I can't find any further details on how to implement it.

Any tips would be appreciated!
Menu, Configure, Input source

Set Input to "Analog input"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-08-2020, 01:28 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Menu, Configure, Input source

Set Input to "Analog input"

Thanks, Tim. That will require a manual selection each time, is that right?
Correct.
Enjoy the Music!
(09-08-2020, 03:09 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Correct.

Good to know. Do you think it's possible to automate this, so if I play something through moode the input is taken to be local, but if the Pi gets an audio signal from the ADC it automatically 'pipes' that through to the amplifier?
It prolly could be done but not a trivial effort. There would need to be more demand for something like this
Enjoy the Music!
It does seem pretty niche, alas! @Humus seemed to have only limited success; maybe I'm just being lazy in wanting the source to change automatically.