Thank you for your donation!

DISCRETE R-2R DAC for raspberry pi
I would prefer to have a digital interpolator.
But it could be done with a separate board...
With the DAC board(s) stacked on top.
musical regards

y.
(09-15-2020, 01:10 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @bigbulb, what are your plans for this unique DAC?

It does not seem like the design lends itself to mass production unless you are setup to do something like Soekris did but I'm sure, myself included, there are audio enthusiasts that would want to buy one of these from you.

Let us know :-)

Hi Tim, 

My previous AD1865 DAC hat was hand made.  To Date, 80++ units had been sold .

For this discrete R2R DAC, since the resistors need to hand - picked , I'm thinking of building a small match at one time. 
I already assembled 10 units and 7 had been sold last week. Start building second batch now.
Need to find a good way to build it fast and reduce building cost.

I'm currently designing and building an adapter board  as an add-on board with linear power supply on it, and also a socket to accept an Amanero USB module, so that I can use it as a stand alone USB DAC. 
Will post here once I finish and test the USB adapter board .
(09-15-2020, 07:16 AM)Cardone Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 01:10 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @bigbulb, what are your plans for this unique DAC?

It does not seem like the design lends itself to mass production unless you are setup to do something like Soekris did but I'm sure, myself included, there are audio enthusiasts that would want to buy one of these from you.

Let us know :-)

Is the DAC delivered "soldered" ready?
What should it cost?
How about moode?

Maybe you can make a bulk order to adjust the price.

is just an idea of mine and doesn't have to agree with others .. Smile Smile

Ciao Zeferino

Hi Ciao, 

The DAC need to be fully assembled and tested before I send it out. 
I need to adjust the MSB trim as well. 
Bulk order seem not really work at the moment, I need to find a way to lowered the cost and also assembling time.