Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Forum riddled with adverts
Hi all, 
Firstly I cannot thank Tim enough for the incredible software he has produced and supports tirelessly.
Now this could be related to my Amazon Kindle Fire HD tablet but the forum is almost unusable due to some adverts covering up to 80% of page real estate.
There are ads in between paragraphs of some posts and some that repeat over and over on a single page.
I've installed as blocker pro, tried addblock and several others but without any success, does anyone have any suggestions please?I
If the ads are beneficial in anyway to the site I'll shut up moaning!! Big Grin

Many thanks
Mark
I use surfshark VPN which includes an ad blocker, works on a pc and various devices.
(09-10-2020, 06:18 PM)kit1cat Wrote: I use surfsharp VPN which includes an ad blocker, works on a pc and various devices.

Thanks Kit1cat,  I'll give it a go and see if it helps,

Cheers!
I see no advertisements....the forum appears free of them.

I see no difference on the forum with an adblocker or without... (Just tried it with Ublock Origin on Firefox which works everywhere else.)

Guessing it's Amazon spamming your device ?? Or malware on it ?  Try another device...?
----------
bob
I do see a couple of ads on the forum in Firefox if uBlock Origin is turned off.
(09-10-2020, 05:45 PM)Strider Wrote: Hi all, 
Firstly I cannot thank Tim enough for the incredible software he has produced and supports tirelessly.
Now this could be related to my Amazon Kindle Fire HD tablet but the forum is almost unusable due to some adverts covering up to 80% of page real estate.
There are ads in between paragraphs of some posts and some that repeat over and over on a single page.
I've installed as blocker pro, tried addblock and several others but without any success, does anyone have any suggestions please?I
If the ads are beneficial in anyway to the site I'll shut up moaning!! Big Grin

Many thanks
Mark

I have Google AdSense enabled for the Forum but only a minimal, almost useless configuration since most users including myself will be running an Ad blocker to keep the annoying ads from showing.

I have no idea whats causing all the ad spam on your devices.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Main browser is Firefox (Win10) with AdBlock and Ghostery... and I do not remember seeing any non-Forum averts or other intrusions since this Forum format's inception.
I'm pretty convinced that its Amazon behind the rubbish supply as I remember that when I've bought a Fire tablet for my wife a couple of years ago there was a choice of two prices leading to a tablet with 'an advertising feature' and one without. Mr. Cheapskate (that's me...) chose the cheaper tablet and, goodness me, my Better Half gets advertising left, right and centre...
(09-11-2020, 04:04 AM)CallMeMike Wrote: Main browser is Firefox (Win10) with AdBlock and Ghostery... and I do not remember seeing any non-Forum averts or other intrusions since this Forum format's inception.
I'm pretty convinced that its Amazon behind the rubbish supply as I remember that when I've bought a Fire tablet for my wife a couple of years ago there was a choice of two prices leading to a tablet with 'an advertising feature' and one without. Mr. Cheapskate (that's me...) chose the cheaper tablet and, goodness me, my Better Half gets advertising left, right and centre...
Hope your bruising heals fast.... Big Grin

Cheers..Bob Angel

and Win10 ??? I'm surprised there Mike...thought you would be a dyed in the wool ABW user..;-)
----------
bob
Using Google Chrome on Windows 10 Pro. Ads all over the bl00dy place.

So now I've got an extension to Chrome called TotalAdBlock, which seems OK, although I am fully expecting someone to tell me that I've just given all my personal details to "a foreign power" Smile.

Has anyone any other recommendations for a Chrome blocking extension?
(09-11-2020, 10:53 AM)suzywong Wrote: Using Google Chrome on Windows 10 Pro. Ads all over the bl00dy place.

So now I've got an extension to Chrome called TotalAdBlock, which seems OK, although I am fully expecting someone to tell me that I've just given all my personal details to "a foreign power" Smile.

Has anyone any other recommendations for a Chrome blocking extension?

No, but Surfshark VPN is browser independent
 via windows 10 app and has a chrome add on.