Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Allo Piano 2.1 not working in 6.71
The combination of Allo Kali and Piano 2.1 dac can not be used in 6.71, it fails to load the module:

[    6.894833] snd-allo-piano-dac-plus socConfusedound: ASoC: Neither/both codec name/of_node are set for PianoDACPlus
[    6.894853] snd-allo-piano-dac-plus socConfusedound: ASoC: failed to init link PianoDACPlus: -22
[    6.894870] snd-allo-piano-dac-plus socConfusedound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -22

Tested both on RPI zero and 4.
(09-16-2020, 07:53 AM)mapstec Wrote: The combination of Allo Kali and Piano 2.1 dac can not be used in 6.71, it fails to load the module:

[    6.894833] snd-allo-piano-dac-plus socConfusedound: ASoC: Neither/both codec name/of_node are set for PianoDACPlus
[    6.894853] snd-allo-piano-dac-plus socConfusedound: ASoC: failed to init link PianoDACPlus: -22
[    6.894870] snd-allo-piano-dac-plus socConfusedound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -22

Tested both on RPI zero and 4.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic...-moode-66/

Still not fixedby Allo team, waiting
@KmPan Thank you
I think there is something that comes from Rasbian , checking and will update
<< recently switched to moodeaudio and hopefully it won't be long before this bug is implemented >>

There's no need... the bug has been 'implemented' from the very beginning and it was not intentional. What was actually needed: a FIX for that particular bug... and ALLO have done their magic gracefully.
Quote:a FIX for that particular bug... and ALLO have done their magic gracefully.

after only 3 Months Smile ....and perhaps the Kali Bug where it will not play 24bit has been addressed too ?  Smile ?? Confused    only 12 months + with that one....

Looking forward to having the Allo kit I paid hard earned cash for to be working as advertised....... Rolleyes
----------
bob
The Raspbian Linux source tree shows three Allo commits were pulled on Nov 12, 2020. In a message to our test team Tim said he's going to bump the next testing version of moOde 7.0 to kernel 5.4.77 which includes these commits. We shall see.

Regards,
Kent
... and here we are, a few months later ...

Thanks again to tis forum and the fantastic team.

ALLO did a .... (not very good) job. In the new kernel the Piano 2.1 is working, BUT without the Kali reclocker. With the Kali it is recognised, but I at lest get no sound.

There are discussions elsewhere that the *newest* kernel now works with Kali and Piano 2.1.

So I am (im)patiently waiting for this new kernel to filter down to moode 7.XX

Currently I am loving the 7.01 relase with just the Piano.
(01-25-2021, 12:33 PM)mapstec Wrote: ...
ALLO did a .... (not very good) job. In the new kernel the Piano 2.1 is working, BUT without the Kali reclocker. With the Kali it is recognised, but I at lest get no sound.

There are discussions elsewhere that the *newest* kernel now works with Kali and Piano 2.1.

What newest kernel? "Be specific to be terrific" was my late wife's motto and it works well here.

Of course, you could "just do it". Plenty of blogs explain how to upgrade the kernel. The worst that could happen if something goes wrong is you have to reflash your uSD card.

Regards,
Kent
moOde 7 ships with 5.4.77 kernel which includes the updated Piano Plus driver used by the Piano 2.1 DAC.

@mapstec please post links that support this comment.
"There are discussions elsewhere that the *newest* kernel now works with Kali and Piano 2.1."
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub