Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode Audio DAC and Logictech Music Server
I am new to this hobby and love it. I had some more questions.

I am getting my Allo Boss DAC Today. 

I have Raspberry 4 and 3b. Which one should I use with the Allo Boss DAC?  Should I the DAC Powered by the cord that comes with it?

Should I connect the pi via network cord or wifi connections?

I thought about setting up Logitech  Music Server on my network.  Any thoughts on this?  All my music is Flac.   Should I put LMS on mac mini or intel nuc?   

Any other suggestion would be appreciated 

Thank you.
(09-16-2020, 02:32 PM)Park13 Wrote: I am new to this hobby and love it. I had some more questions.

I have Raspberry 4 and 3b. Which one should I use with the Allo Boss DAC?  Should I the DAC Powered by the cord that comes with it?

I thought about setting up Logitech  Music Server on my network.  Any thoughts on this?  All my music is Flac.   Should I put LMS on mac mini or intel nuc?   

Thank you.

I have no Allo equipment so can't comment on that aspect.

As for WiFi vs Ethernet, both have worked well for me with all model RPis (some older models need an external adapter to use WiFi, of course). If in doubt, Ethernet should always work at peak performance. WiFI may not in certain circumstances such as 
  • interfering sources (if in close proximity, my microwave oven can be a problem in the 2.4GHz band, for example)
  • lots of WiFi traffic with your AP or another in the vicinity
  • RPi located too far from Access Point
  • RPi's WiFi antenna partially or wholly shielded by metal enclosure, etc.

It seems unnecessary to use a Logitech Media Server unless you already have other Squeezebox players or just particularly like this approach. Most of us run either SAMBA/NFS servers or UPnP Media Servers, or both, depending on the rest of our gear.

Whatever server type you choose, there are versions which run on an RPi, on the Mac Mini, the Intel NUC, other desktops, servers, and single board computers. There's no need to buy a special host unless you have a specific requirement.

Regards,
Kent
Just remember that we don't provide any support for LMS or Squeezelite. Those softwares are supported by their own maintainers on their respective Forums and Git repos.

LMS/Squeezelite support
https://forums.slimdevices.com/forumdisp...dia-Server
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-16-2020, 02:32 PM)OPark13 Wrote: I am new to this hobby and love it. I had some more questions.

Thank you.

Hi yes it makes sense to use LMS and for example iPeng as remote control on an iPhone, or the Windows Client, as its just too good of course. I do that too, and then in LMS you configure the Airplay bridge plugin, which then uses the airplay renderer of Moode as endpoint. Perfect. Moode appears as a Squeezebox in LMS then. You can also configure Moode as Squeezelite endpoint but thats not ideal, it blocks all the other renderers (for family members who want to use the Spotify renderer its annoying) and requires manual deactivation of Squeezelite in the config page of Moode. 

To install a dedicated server for LMS sounds over the top. If you have already a server on which you just install LMS, yes of course why not

So - LMS is not needed but if you like it, like I do, go ahead... but first get familar with the standard Moode mpd playback and Web UI, works and sounds perfect.

Using LMS and iPeng is still very comfortable and potentially better than “modernist” solutions but first try without them I would recommend. You complicate your solution a little bit with extra components and plugins, which all require attention and maintenance.

Regards Martin
Please inform how to  stream to my AV receiver which support Airplay from Moode.
I tried Airplay render but  no device (AV Receiver found to stream)
Please help
(01-17-2023, 04:11 PM)praveen.sg8 Wrote: Please inform how to  stream to my AV receiver which support Airplay from Moode.
Please help

moOde cannot send Airplay streams it can only receive them.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-17-2023, 04:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 04:11 PM)praveen.sg8 Wrote: Please inform how to  stream to my AV receiver which support Airplay from Moode.
Please help

moOde cannot send Airplay streams it can only receive them.

Thanks for your update