Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to I mount iTunes library?
(09-16-2020, 02:34 AM)isaacc7 Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 02:26 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You did not post the folder path that you shared on your Mac so we could help you set the correct path in moOde's Music Source config but in any case if your Mac host doesn't even show up in the SCAN list on moOde then your network prolly has broken Samba discovery.

Didn’t I? I posted smb://192.168.1.206/Users/isaac/Music, is that not the right thing? Thought that was the template a previous poster had put in a response. 

I can poke around in the router for options around SMB. 

Wouldn’t it just be smb://192.168.1.206/Music since that’s the shared folder?
(09-16-2020, 05:16 AM)exocet Wrote: You could also consider using something like Linn Kazoo Server, Serviio, Universal Media Server or similar software on the machine with iTunes, and configure that to share your iTunes music folder via uPNP.

If you still want to use file sharing, your path would be "//192.168.1.206/Music" .  If you enter "192.168.1.206" then <scan> you should see the two folders.

You can also try browsing from an Android phone using a file utility (or a Windows or different Mac computer) - point it at the server (192.168.1.206) and see what shares are visible.  You should in your case see "Music" and "Isaac's Public Folder".  If not, you might be blocking access with the Mac's firewall.

I did turn on the uPNP feature on JRiver and Moode was able to see it. Well, kind of see it, it only picked up 1700 out of 10000 tracks. And I can’t play the songs it did pick up, it just says “added to playlist” when I try to play a song. I’ll do a little more digging and see if the file sharing is being blocked somehow. 

Just want to add that I’m trying all of this to see if I can stop using JRiver. Moode player works just fine as a upnp endpoint. Since I only use it for audio JRiver is kind of overkill although I really like JRemote. If I can’t get SMB sharing or native uPNP browsing to work on Moode I guess I’ll keep using it as an endpoint.

Thanks for all the replies!
(09-16-2020, 02:26 PM)isaacc7 Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 05:16 AM)exocet Wrote: You could also consider using something like Linn Kazoo Server, Serviio, Universal Media Server or similar software on the machine with iTunes, and configure that to share your iTunes music folder via uPNP.

If you still want to use file sharing, your path would be "//192.168.1.206/Music" .  If you enter "192.168.1.206" then <scan> you should see the two folders.

You can also try browsing from an Android phone using a file utility (or a Windows or different Mac computer) - point it at the server (192.168.1.206) and see what shares are visible.  You should in your case see "Music" and "Isaac's Public Folder".  If not, you might be blocking access with the Mac's firewall.

I did turn on the uPNP feature on JRiver and Moode was able to see it. Well, kind of see it, it only picked up 1700 out of 10000 tracks. And I can’t play the songs it did pick up, it just says “added to playlist” when I try to play a song. I’ll do a little more digging and see if the file sharing is being blocked somehow. 

Just want to add that I’m trying all of this to see if I can stop using JRiver. Moode player works just fine as a upnp endpoint. Since I only use it for audio JRiver is kind of overkill although I really like JRemote. If I can’t get SMB sharing or native uPNP browsing to work on Moode I guess I’ll keep using it as an endpoint.

Thanks for all the replies!

There shouldn’t be any issues with using Moode as a renderer for JRiver, albeit this will only be via bare UPnP, without OpenHome’s UPnP extensions.  Hence, you won't be able to derive the benefits of OpenHome's playlist capabilities - notably of being able to to play a full playlist without needing an app to be kept running - and it may not be possible to achieve gapless playback (but I don't have JRiver, so I'm not completeley sure about this last point).

You initially mentioned that you would like to use your iTunes library with Moode.  If that remains to be the case, I would urge you to put JRiver to one side and consider the suggestion by @exocet of running a UPnP server instead.  I don’t know about Serviio or Universal Media, but Linn’s Kazoo Server is free and very easy to configure.  Once its installed just active iTunes support and select the appropriate ‘iTunes Music Library.xml’ file.  Then simply install the UPnP control points – I like BubbleUPnP for DLNA and Linn Kazoo, but there are a handful of others - on your devices and you’re good to go.