Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode and Minidsp SHD - Cannot see the files?
Hi there everyone. I have a question about the music files I access on my SSD via Moode on an Rpi4 (usb connection). I can see the moode/rpi files on my windows computer and can play them using foobar on my computer, so it seems the sharing settings are correct on Moode (at least as far as my limited networking abilities show). Obviously I cannot modify the files on the ssd but I can copy and paste if necessary, assuming it is set to view only.

I have added a minidsp shd to my system which is connected to the network and I wondered if Moode could make the files on my SSD available to play on the shd as well (just like I can access the files from my laptop via \\MOODE)? If this is the case is there a setting I need to enable in Moode to allow it to be seen by the mindsp shd? I figured because I could see it with my laptop I would also be able to see it via network/share/nas parts of the minidsp but it does not show up.

If I cannot get this to work I will continue to just use Moode with the rpi4 as my streamer/source as it works so well. The streaming system on the minidsp is volumio based and it is much slower to work with (and doesn't look anywhere near as good) as Moode but it would be cool if I could access the files from the ssd if necessary with the minidsp as well.

Thanks for any ideas. Why minidsp did not try to work with moode instead of volumio I will never know.
You might want to ask the vendor if you can load moOde on their device.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-23-2020, 08:17 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You might want to ask the vendor if you can load moOde on their device.

I would love to but unfortunately they are pretty set in stone on volumio (did they ever get in touch with you?). For all intents and purposes Moode is the better system. Any ideas on the sharing side of things?
(09-23-2020, 07:31 PM)mikeburnsnz Wrote: Hi there everyone. I have a question about the music files I access on my SSD via Moode on an Rpi4 (usb connection). I can see the moode/rpi files on my windows computer and can play them using foobar on my computer, so it seems the sharing settings are correct on Moode (at least as far as my limited networking abilities show). Obviously I cannot modify the files on the ssd but I can copy and paste if necessary, assuming it is set to view only.

I have added a minidsp shd to my system which is connected to the network and I wondered if Moode could make the files on my SSD available to play on the shd as well (just like I can access the files from my laptop via \\MOODE)? If this is the case is there a setting I need to enable in Moode to allow it to be seen by the mindsp shd? I figured because I could see it with my laptop I would also be able to see it via network/share/nas parts of the minidsp but it does not show up.

If I cannot get this to work I will continue to just use Moode with the rpi4 as my streamer/source as it works so well. The streaming system on the minidsp is volumio based and it is much slower to work with (and doesn't look anywhere near as good) as Moode but it would be cool if I could access the files from the ssd if necessary with the minidsp as well.

Thanks for any ideas. Why minidsp did not try to work with moode instead of volumio I will never know.

Maybe I don't understand your description but as I read it, there's nothing more for moOde to do.

You've confirmed your moOde player is publishing SAMBA shares to your LAN---your Windows laptop sees it. 

Now it's all on your minidsp to mount the published share(s).

All I can think of is that you aren't telling the software on your minidsp the correct share name. It is not \\MOODE. That's the name of the SAMBA server on your moOde player. The default shares are

Code:
        \\MOODE\SDCard             SDCARD Storage
        \\MOODE\Radio              RADIO Stations
        \\MOODE\Playlists          Playlist Directory
        \\MOODE\NAS                NAS Shares

In my case, I have a local disk with a top-level directory "MUSIC" which MPD has indexed. It happens to be published as

Code:
        \\MOODE\MUSIC-2

YMMV.

Regards,
Kent
(09-23-2020, 08:37 PM)mikeburnsnz Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 08:17 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You might want to ask the vendor if you can load moOde on their device.

I would love to but unfortunately they are pretty set in stone on volumio (did they ever get in touch with you?). For all intents and purposes Moode is the better system. Any ideas on the sharing side of things?

It's not a question for our Forum. You should be asking the vendor who sold you the device. I'm sure they provide support for it.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
All good, didn't mean to take things out of context. I was trying to figure out if there was some issue with my Moode setup. Guess it is up to the minidsp (rather than Moode). I will continue promoting Moode with SHD. Who knows they may eventually look at other options to load on their pi... not that it matters. I will continue to use Moode as a streamer with the SHD. It works way better that way.