Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: FLAC ID-Tag Order
Hi all,

Hopefully someone on this forum will be able to help me determine if my FLAC file ID-Tag ordering is wrong, whether there is a moOde audio setting I'm missing or whether there is an issue with how tag data is being interpreted.  I'm using moOde audio v6.7.1.

The problem I have is that I've tagged some of my FLAC files with multiple ALBUMARTIST, ARTIST and COMPOSER tags and moOde audio is not dealing with these tags as I would expect.

For example, for the album "A Woman A Man Walked By" by "P J Harvey" and "John Parish" I have tagged using both names, with the most significant contributor placed first.  In Mp3tag for example ARTIST is originally entered as "PJ Harvey\\John Parish"; using Extended Tags in Mp3tag shows two separate ARTIST entries, "PJ Harvey" followed by "John Parish" on the next line; using dBpoweramp's Edit ID-Tag shows Artist as "PJ Harvey; John Parish"; selecting "Track Info" in moOde audio lists two entries for Artist with "PJ Harvey" shown first, then "John Parish".  I've attached screenshots to help illustrate this issue.

All of the above is as expected except that when moOde audio lists the Album, it appears under "John Parish" in the ARTISTS list of the library, rather than "PJ Harvey" as I would expect.  The same kind of reversal happens for tracks with other fields containing multiple entries such as COMPOSER, where the last name in the list is shown in the playback window under the album art (this is also true if there are more than 2 composers, the last is always selected)?

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Seems an odd way to go about tagging your files.
Why don't you you just tag them with the information that's on the album cover?

The artist for that album is "PJ Harvey & John Parish" as shown on the front cover and on Discogs.
Discogs is a great reference for metadata...
https://www.discogs.com/PJ-Harvey-John-P...ster/52700

That aside it might be possible that Moode's interface is prioritizing the artist alphabetically? J being before P an all.
The 6.7.1 Library only picks up the last occurrence of a given tag if there are multiples. The Library in upcoming moOde 7 will pick up multiple Genre tags and we are looking at doing same for multiples of Artist, Composer, Performer but those enhancements may not make it into the initial 7 release.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
"...and we are looking at doing same for multiples of Artist, Composer, Performer"

Yes please. Thank in advance.
(10-06-2020, 10:30 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The 6.7.1 Library only picks up the last occurrence of a given tag if there are multiples. The Library in upcoming moOde 7 will pick up multiple Genre tags and we are looking at doing same for multiples of Artist, Composer, Performer but those enhancements may not make it into the initial 7 release.

Thanks Tim, that’s great.  I’m glad I’m not going to need to re-tag my music collection!  I look forward to v7.  moOde audio really is great btw, thank you for providing such a fantastic piece of software and for all of your ongoing efforts to keep improving it.