Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Full Screen on Android Browser
Hi! I'm using the same tablet, but I did 2 things on it:
-1- I used the Toolbox found on XDA forum to remove the lockscreen, have a custom homescreen and install the Play Store. From there I installed Chrome.
-2- I installed "Fully Kiosk Browser" (there's a version specifically made for FireOS devices): it allows to have a fullscreen browser pointing to a defined page (MoOde web interface in our case). It allows using motion sensors to wake up the screen when you grab the tablet, or you can even use the built-in cam to detect movement and turn on screen if you want to wallmount it.
"Fully Kiosk Browser" isn't free, but absolutely worth the few money it costs, I love it!
(10-16-2020, 06:28 PM)The Red Guy Wrote: Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for posting.

Side loading Goodle Chrome did not give me any option to add to a home screen and I could not remove the tab and address bar.

However, I have had sucess!

I downloaded and installed F-Droid, the Open Source Android app repository.

From there I downloaded and installed the FOSS Browser. FOSS = Free and Open Source Software.
I now have a nearly full screen experience, only a little bar at the bottom is shown Smile

Happy days!

Thanks everyone,

The Red Guy

There is a way of getting rid of the bar at the bottom too; essentially you're editing the installed app to allow it (it survives updates).  I thought I'd bookmarked it when I used it but sadly not; let me know if it interests you and I'll take another look.  I use it on a chess app; no point in having the navigation buttons taking up space at the bottom and the notification bar above all the time; I pretty much bought it (Amazon HD 8) just for chess so I'm not navigating anywhere.  I did briefly apply it to a browser but having to swipe up to make the navigation bar pop up each time I wanted to go back a page was a bit much but I guess if you're only using it for moOde then you have the back arrow at the top left anyway. There are apps to recover the screen space but they looked dodgy, or not free (or both), and which seem flaky or don't work, and which have ads, and require invasive permissions...
Search for "Audioward for MPD" on Google Play,
there are free and paid versions, very cheap.
It adds interesting features like card animations, lyrics with translation... browsing through moode folders is unparalleled, and the volume is controlled with the smartphone buttons.
(07-26-2021, 10:20 AM)Edues Wrote: Search for "Audioward for MPD" on Google Play,
there are free and paid versions, very cheap.
It adds interesting features like card animations, lyrics with translation... browsing through moode folders is unparalleled, and the volume is controlled with the smartphone buttons.

If we're recommending Android apps to control moOde/mpd, my vote is for M.A.L.P.