Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 4.2 RPiZeroW build experience
Some additional information...
After my successful build using Rpi3 the Rpi0w worked fine only for a short time and the day after I had a problem the day after.
I switched off the device and when I power it on again the wifi was disappeared.
I tried several recoveries including installing a fresh copy of  Raspbian OS as well as a new moOde build process but I was not able to recover the wifi any more.
Honestly I do not think the wifi is damaged in the Rpi0w board. It seems like something was switched off.
I wonder if there are non-volatile registers that can be configured in the SoC module of the Rpi0W and permanently disable the wifi module.
By the way, BT is still functioning as well as the rest of the Rpi0w.

After connecting an ethernet to usb adapter I started a new build process from scratch.
I used the Raspbian Stretch Lite 2018-06-27 and before starting the build script I run "sudo apt-get update" and "sudo apt-get upgrade".
I cannot say what changed from my first try but this time the build process run flawless and I did not need to use the Rpi3 to finalize it.
The Rpi0w still does not have wifi working but at least I still have the nice moOde's BT sourcing feature and my wife can stream music on a BT speaker in the kitchen.

Regards

Roberto

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
moOde 4.2 RPiZeroW build experience - by FizzyTea - 07-16-2018, 12:48 PM
RE: moOde 4.2 RPiZeroW build experience - by rlugli - 08-16-2018, 05:38 PM