Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Conflict between PMD UPNP and Squeezelite
Hello,

I'm running Moode 6.7.1 on Allo USBride Signature from yesterday (very happy with sound and easy configuration) conected by USB to external DAC. The music is on Synology NAS running BuubleUPNP with LMS and Synology Media Server.

I have the next issue. When I active on Moode simultaneously Squeezelite and UPNP only works Squeezelite. When I try to play through UPNP I received the message: [MPD error. Failed to open "ALSA default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "hw:2,0": Device or resource busy]. If I deactivate Squeezelite UPNP works ok.

Could you help me solve this conflict?

Thank you very much and excuse my bad English.
You have to turn off Squeezelite in LMS otherwise it will hog the audio output.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-23-2020, 10:25 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You have to turn off Squeezelite in LMS otherwise it will hog the audio output.

Thank you very much for your prompt response Tim.

Would it be possible for future versions to improve this limitation and be able to have both activated?

I have tried other players and they support having both options activated.

Thanks again and excellent work.
IIRC there is a Squeezelite command line param that you can add yourself to the Other options field that will cause Squeezelite to give up control of the audio output after a timeout.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-23-2020, 12:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: IIRC there is a Squeezelite command line param that you can add yourself to the Other options field that will cause Squeezelite to give up control of the audio output after a timeout.

Tim you are the best!!!!!!

I have found the parameter, it is "-C <timeout>" Close output device when idle after timeout seconds, default is to keep it open while player is ON.

On Squeezelite Config/Other options I added -C 10 and after 10 seconds I can play over UPNP without problem.

I'm very happy with Moode, it plays the audio in very good quality from any source, it's easy to use and I haven't heard any clicks or pops so far.

Very, very, very very, good job.

Many Thanks