Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Regenerating music library over updating it
Hello,

I`ve been using Moode for over a year now. Lately I had to reainstal the system, it just crashed. My previous mOode version was about 6.4.1 or something like that. No I`m using the newest version, and to my disappointment the "update" option in the library config disappeared. I have terabytes of music on my NAS server and when I add a new CD to the library all I can do now is to regenerate it, which lasts for ages. This process was definietly more pleasant when the update option was available. Could You please bring it back with the next update of OS? Or is there any other hidden way to do it?

Thanks,
Jakub
'Update library' should appear in the main menu, and as an option for each of the various folders.
@jonners Thank You very much for help! I haven`t spotted it Smile

Not working for me  Sad
(11-21-2020, 09:00 AM)ganjor86 Wrote: Not working for me  Sad

Not working in that you can't see the menu item, or not working when you run the command?  What sort of "not working"
----------------
Robert
After updating I dont see new folders from my NAS. When I clear all database and I bildingup this from nothing then new folders are on the list.
Are there any clues in the log (moodeutl -l)?
----------------
Robert
(11-25-2020, 10:19 PM)ganjor86 Wrote: After updating I dont see new folders from my NAS. When I clear all database and I bildingup this from nothing then new folders are on the list.

probably a stale Browser Cache issue...
Use the MoOde Menu option = Refresh
----------
bob
When I get this (and I get it a lot - not sure why) I delete the cache/cookies for the specific IP/host and it works the next time.

But I usually just run 'mpc update' in the shell - I always use Folder navigation, so it works just fine like that.