Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Show your audio system
(04-06-2019, 09:26 PM)Firlotte Wrote: ...some old Paradigm Monitor 9 speakers,

Can't get rid of my Paradigm 9se's. running Suptronics x5000k and Moode 5.0 RC0.
Likewise, I have these vintage KEF Q60's paired with a nice modern HSU sub and the sound is :-)
https://us.kef.com/explore-kef/kef-museu...60-q80-q90

[attachment=604]
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-06-2019, 09:26 PM)Firlotte Wrote: Since I'm sitting around listening to music and not doing much else of a productive nature, I figure I should post up another Moode-equipped system...

Continuing on with the whole "recycled electronics" theme established in my previous post, here's my main two channel rig, comprised almost entirely of leftovers that I didn't sell off or trade for other toys. I had a plan to rebuild my system and one thing led to another (as tends to happen) and the next thing I know years had passed and I hadn't replaced many missing components... Go figure.

Anyhoo, now that you're all up to speed, here's my current main listening system... I just need a new pre-amp, new transport, new DAC, new speakers, and new cabling... Along with a cable cleanup, and a few other tweaks... 

[Image: 20190406_144108_zpsq8nror28.jpg]

If you look closely you can see the Raspberry Pi / Allo Boss 2.1 DAC to the right of the current pre-amp:

[Image: 20190406_215814_zpsyxsnnp0c.jpg]

Managed to find a rackmount "ear" in my stash that matched up with the thumbscrews on the case... fit it between the wooden plinth and the rack frame... Kinda cheesy, but it works.

Raspberry Pi, Allo Boss 1.2 DAC, Audio lab 8000C pre-amp, Acurus ACD-11 CD transport, a pair of Bryston 3B NRB amplifiers, some old Paradigm Monitor 9 speakers, a pair of Paradigm PW-2500 subwoofers controlled by an X-30 crossover control unit, MIT Terminator 4 interconnects, and MIT Terminator 4 speaker cables... Like I said, all old stuff... I'm saving the planet, one system at a time? Smile

Impressive. Nice looking system there.
But I am more impressed by your music collection Tongue And that said I have not seen it all Big Grin
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
New game: find the RPi =)

[Image: Room.jpg]

[Image: RPi.jpg]
(04-21-2019, 10:14 AM)Malefoda Wrote: New game: find the RPi =)

[Image: Room.jpg]

[Image: RPi.jpg]

Very nice room and great looking and for sure nice sounding system Wink
Any chance you shade some details about your gear please? I recognize JBL speakers but not the rest of the system

</marquee>
Yes it sounds good to me, enough for thinking of buying records only, no more gear =)
Here you are:
For LP playback a Thorens TD-318 with an Ortofon Super OM 20, RCA interconnects were changed and the inner platter is the metal one of the TD-320; still have to refurbish the electronic and super-fine adjust the speed,
a Pacific RIAA pre, freq. response tuned for my Ortofon cart and custom low noise low current PSU,
a TEAC VRDS-10 as CD transport, DAC board is no more, new PSU for servo drivers, top Tentlabs clock/clock PSU, digital supply lines cleaned, new TTL to S/PDIF output board,
a RPi with Allo DigiOne with the official SMPS (a Salas L-Adapter later), moOde 5 of course Wink ,
the DAC is the not finished case under the TV set, but fully enjoyable as is, it's a TPA Buffalo II, clean PSUs, class A output stage being a NTD1 v4 with polystyrene coupling caps, S/PDIF only for now, (better top S/PDIF than bad I2S),
amp is a dual mono Hypex UcD400HG HxR DC coupled,
and last but not least the sleeper speakers: JBL 4313B "enhanced" with charge-coupled crossover and custom made tweeters based on JBL factory's recommendation of swapping old 066 to 035Ti, hence their nickname 4313Ti. They are often mistaken for "party" speakers à la L100 or 4312, but they ain't. Killer speakers for an average size room (20 m2 here).

I guess you know all the story now =)
(04-21-2019, 11:46 AM)Malefoda Wrote: Yes it sounds good to me, enough for thinking of buying records only, no more gear =)
Here you are:
For LP playback a Thorens TD-318 with an Ortofon Super OM 20, RCA interconnects were changed and the inner platter is the metal one of the TD-320; still have to refurbish the electronic and super-fine adjust the speed,
a Pacific RIAA pre, freq. response tuned for my Ortofon cart and custom low noise low current PSU,
a TEAC VRDS-10 as CD transport, DAC board is no more, new PSU for servo drivers, top Tentlabs clock/clock PSU, digital supply lines cleaned, new TTL to S/PDIF output board,
a RPi with Allo DigiOne with the official SMPS (a Salas L-Adapter later), moOde 5 of course Wink ,
the DAC is the not finished case under the TV set, but fully enjoyable as is, it's a TPA Buffalo II, clean PSUs, class A output stage being a NTD1 v4 with polystyrene coupling caps, S/PDIF only for now, (better top S/PDIF than bad I2S),
amp is a dual mono Hypex UcD400HG HxR DC coupled,
and last but not least the sleeper speakers: JBL 4313B "enhanced" with charge-coupled crossover and custom made tweeters based on JBL factory's recommendation of swapping old 066 to 035Ti, hence their nickname 4313Ti. They are often mistaken for "party" speakers à la L100 or 4312, but they ain't. Killer speakers for an average size room (20 m2 here).

I guess you know all the story now =)

That is very, very impressive. A lot of knowledge and testing, listening behind to put something like this together.
Well done

And as always, all it matters is the fact that you enjoy your music

</marquee>
(04-21-2019, 11:56 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [...] all it matters is the fact that you enjoy your music

Yes, yes and yes!
Newbie just learning about Moode (and figuring out it really helps to turn up the volume in Moode), here is my setup for now.

[Image: 2l8dac.jpg]

Speakers are Klipsch RB81-II, I forgot where i got the stands from.
DAC is Arcam FMJ D-33, soon to be replace by something much nicer ;-)
Amplifier is homebuilt by me, based on the KT77 with 6922 as driver and also uses a pair of 866A Mercury vapour and 6AU4 tubes for rectification of the high voltage.

[Image: uubgk.jpg]

The 866A's have a nice blue glow to them, which look even nicer when the room is dark :-)
I made a bit of a logo on the side (JP are my initials) which i quite like.

My Raspberry Pi and M2Tech hiface evo are laying in a corner (not worthy of a picture just yet) and i'll eventually make an enclosure for it.
Some nice DIY :-)

Do u use a subwoofer? Klipsch has a nice lineup of subs.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub