Thank you for your donation!

Show your audio system
[Image: system.jpg][Image: system2.jpg]

Pardon the mess/dust. I'm a long time bachelor! The speakers are VMPS Tower 2 SE's 15" woofer w a 15" passive radiator in the bottom. The sub is VMPS larger sub. The sub is driven by a QSC RMX 1450 in bridged mode 530W@8 Ohms. The mains are driven by a Parasound HCA 2200, 200W/Ch. The AVR is an older Onkyo that is being replaced later this week w a Integra 30.4. This is fed by a Raspberry Pi3+ w a Allo Boss DAC running the latest Moode. The center channel speaker is a Polk and the TV is a 65" LG. Thats a computer UPS next to the sub use it to keep the network up when the power goes out. The Amp w/o a cover on its side is a NAD 400W that has a blown output transistor.

Rick
Some super nice vintage 70's going on there

Looks like you could loosen a few light bulbs with the low end :-))
Reproducing 80-20K hz is easy. It's getting good 20-80 hz that's hard....Yes this system does the hard part. The speakers were new in the early 90's bought in kit form, VMPS went outta bus. when the owner passed in 2012...If you ever see any used VMPS speakers buy them !! The paneling is certainly dated, but so old at this point its kinda cool again.
Here's a build from the other end of the spectrum of size and sound quality.
[Image: front.jpg]
[Image: top.jpg]
[Image: back.jpg]
It's a Raspberry PI Zero W stuck to the back of an Amazon basics speaker with double sided tape and connected via Bluetooth.  It's all powered by the 2A adapter I got for the PI.

It works great playing stories and music for my daughter at night.

It's currently chewing on the 4.4 upgrade.
(10-14-2018, 09:21 AM)Gervasutti Wrote: Hi, I’m Gianluca from Italy and this is my system based on MoOde 4.3 and, for sure my turntable.

Preamp is MicroZOTL 2 DeLuxe, poweramp Clones Audio 55, RPi with Kali and Piano 2.1 working in dual mono. Power comes from HDPlex. Handmade speakers with Philips AD 1256.

Music is streamed from QOBUZ via UPnP using mconnect app.

Those Philips AD 1256 are reputed to be very good full-range drivers !...especially with the addition of a super-tweeter as per this build...
https://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/simple...rs2_e.html
(02-04-2019, 11:58 PM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 09:21 AM)Gervasutti Wrote: Hi, I’m Gianluca from Italy and this is my system based on MoOde 4.3 and, for sure my turntable.

Preamp is MicroZOTL 2 DeLuxe, poweramp Clones Audio 55, RPi with Kali and Piano 2.1 working in dual mono. Power comes from HDPlex. Handmade speakers with Philips AD 1256.

Music is streamed from QOBUZ via UPnP using mconnect app.

Those Philips AD 1256 are reputed to be very good full-range drivers !...especially with the addition of a super-tweeter as per this build...
https://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/simple...rs2_e.html

@DRONE7

Many thanks for bringing up this article... I would struggle to find a pair od decent Philips AD 1256-M8 drivers as they are as rare as the hen's teeth and when they re-surface somewhere the selling price is inducing a sudden chest pain and a resounding headache... but the mention of the TakeT super-tweeters makes me more resolute to have a go at a pair of TakeT Batpure http://www.ceresaudio.com/ceres_audio_006.htm