Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Library folder issue
Hi everybody! 

I'm using Moode since almost one month on a rapsberry Pi4 and it's great!
I've had some issues at the beginning but thanks to the forum and you all, almost all has been solved (bluetooth, albums multiplicated when added to playlist and so on)

One thing i still can't manage. 

My collection is on an external HD plugged in usb on the rp4. 

In the library config, i indicated one folder on the HD but (as my Hd is a space for saving other devices) Moode registers others music files on the whole HD.

Is there something i did wrong or anything plugged in usb on the PI is scanned? 

I could put the HD on my internet box but i'm afraid there will be latency and gaps.

Thanks for advices and tips and thanks again for Moode, great piece of software!

Sorry for my english, it's not my mother tongue.
Not sure what you are trying to do.  "...indicated one folder on the HD"  How and why?  Moode scans the entire USB-connected HD and populates the Library with each album.
Place a text file named ".mpdignore" into the root of any folder you don't want included with an asterisk as it's contents. MPD will read the .mpdignore file and won't scan anything listed in it, in this case the * means everything, so the entire folder and its subfolders are skipped.
----------------
Robert
What@the_bertrum said :-)
----------
bob
(12-02-2020, 06:59 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: Place a text file named ".mpdignore" into the root of any folder you don't want included with an asterisk as it's contents.  MPD will read the .mpdignore file and won't scan anything listed in it, in this case the * means everything, so the entire folder and its subfolders are skipped.

Thank you so much ! 

I almost wrote a message to say it didn't work but (silly me) i made .mpdignore.txt files  Rolleyes

you have the right to laaugh at me !   Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'll tag this at [SOLVED]

thank you again !
(12-02-2020, 02:14 PM)Gillillig Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 06:59 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: Place a text file named ".mpdignore" into the root of any folder you don't want included with an asterisk as it's contents.  MPD will read the .mpdignore file and won't scan anything listed in it, in this case the * means everything, so the entire folder and its subfolders are skipped.

Thank you so much ! 

I almost wrote a message to say it didn't work but (silly me) i made .mpdignore.txt files  Rolleyes

you have the right to laaugh at me !   Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'll tag this at [SOLVED]

thank you again !

I won't laugh, my instructions could have been clearer.  Glad it was a help.
----------------
Robert