Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Problem with bluetooth on MoOde 4.2
The glitches are everytime there. Approx. every 2 sec. Sounds like a dirty CD if you know what I mean. Tried it now by Airplay with the app "all stream" (my device is rooted) and it works flawlessly. So, I guess it's an BT issue.
Just to add my own input, I have these same "cuts" in audio playback when streaming from the RPi 3 out to a bluetooth speaker. If I connect my phone to Moode and play via the 3.5mm headphone output the sound is perfect. When just using Moode and the bluetooth speaker the sound keeps cutting out for a fraction of a second. In my case, the "cuts" are frequent - every few seconds but they are a few milliseconds long - enough to notice.

I have a good internet connection to the Pi via ethernet and using the onboard bluetooth. The speaker is in clear line of sight, just about a meter away. Could be interference as there are a few wifi and bluetooth devices 5 to 10 meters away - have this setup at my workplace.

I tested with low bitrate internet radio 112kbps / 128kbps, then slightly higher bitrate 320kbps. Also tested a flac audio file on the SD card - all of which had the same problems.

I'm setting up another Pi at home where there should be less interference and can test by playing to an Amazon echo dot.

If there are any commands I can run, or things I can help test, please let me know as I'd be happy to help resolve this.
So just finished a fresh install of 4.2. Connected to Echo Dot and although the sound is crap (horrible speaker!) the actual connection is fine. I can only assume that my connection problems at work are either the interference or the "Layden iDock" bluetooth device which is attached to my Bose sound dock. Still happy to run some more tests to help out.
The problem with the music cutting out when connected via bluetooth only happens when I connect with a Samsung (andriod) when connected with iPhone is works perfect. I guess is a bug within moode bluetooth.
(08-01-2018, 05:46 PM)Hugh Bond Wrote: I guess is a bug within moode bluetooth.

I think so, too
I've got the same issue with two android devices (Motorola Moto G and Moto G5).
Things get a little better when I position the pi or the android phones differently.

On the other hand, the problem is different with a windows device (Acer swift 3 laptop):
Some signal losses occur randomly (a few microseconds of music are skipped without any interruption).

Like Tim, i had no problem with Apple devices (iphone and imac).

May be a software problem more or less hidden depending on the performance of the bluetooth emitter used?