Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Security - which user really need to login
it's a bit apocalyptic to suggest that home networks are going be connected and directly exposed to the Public internet via IPv6. That would be a global security catastrophe.

moOde software does not collect data but if there is other software in RaspiOS that is collecting data then you need to bring that to the attention of the Raspberry Pi foundation. As far as the other OS's you mentioned, unless they are explicitly security hardened they should not be run on untrusted networks.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I am not sure how the situation is in US or GB, but in Germany the suggestion is to use IP6 overall. At the moment a dual stack is often used, but in some cities you only get a IP6 stack.

I agree with you, that the missing NAT and the exposure of all devices is a nightmare - and one of the reasons, why IP6 is not used very often in a dual stack environment.
Thumbs Up 
(12-07-2020, 03:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: ... Quote reduced ...

So even though those two accounts are assigned to the bash shell their passwords are locked which effectively prevents using those accounts to log into the system.

You could try changing the assigned shell for those two accounts to /usr/sbin/nologin and let us know if anything breaks.

Yepp it works. I did the the following:

Code:
sudo usermod -s /usr/sbin/nologin mpd
sudo usermod -s /usr/sbin/nologin upmpdcli
# changing the home directory only works when mpd is stopped. You need to be fast as the watchdog may restart the service faster
sudo service mpd stop
sudo usermod -d /nonexistent mpd
sudo usermod -d /nonexistent upmpdcli

So in generic there is only one user needed, which is pi. All other users could use the same setup (nologin and nonexistent home)
If you want to secure your system more, you could also remove the standard pi user or as a first step disable remote login per ssh.
Great thanks :-)

I'll add to the TODO list for 7.1.0
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub