Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: can see no files in libary
(12-13-2020, 02:48 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Mann_mit_Hut 

Oops, I forgot to mention the two utility commands that can be used quickly to verify the content of a media file, file and mediainfo. Never leave home without them.

Examples:

Code:
pi@MoodeR700:/mnt/NAS/OMV-MUSIC/James and the Giant Peach Album $ file '01 Overture.mp3'
01 Overture.mp3: Audio file with ID3 version 2.2.0, contains:MPEG ADTS, layer III, v1, 192 kbps, 44.1 kHz, Stereo

pi@MoodeR700:/mnt/NAS/OMV-MUSIC/James and the Giant Peach Album $ mediainfo '01 Overture.mp3'
General
Complete name                            : 01 Overture.mp3
Format                                   : MPEG Audio

Regards,
Kent

Hey Kent,

many thanks for your considerations!

I switched off the Mediaserver at the FritzBox, it is "only" a NAS. The other NAS (where i performed the quick test with a few *.mp3-files) is a WD myCloud in the same Network.
There is another USB HDD at the RasPi (500 GB), the containing MP3s get visible in the Libary of Moode without any Problems.

I think tomorrow I would know if the "noserverino" - option works Rolleyes  & I will report...

"file" and "mediainfo" are very useful, mostly the output is ok.

Sometimes theres an error in the mpd log like:

Code:
Dec 13 17:46 : update: added NAS/FritzNAS/USB1TB/MP3/__ Klassik/Vivaldi/vivaldi - autumn.mp3
[src/libmpg123/parse.c:1185] error: Giving up searching valid MPEG header after 65536 bytes of junk.
Dec 13 17:48 : mpg123: mpg123_getformat() failed: Message: I am done with this track.
Dec 13 17:48 : ffmpeg/mp3: Format mp3 detected only with low score of 1, misdetection possible!
Dec 13 17:48 : ffmpeg/mp3: Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Audio: mp3 (mp3float), 0 channels, fltp): unspecified frame size
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options

In this case "file and "mediainfo" displays:

Code:
pi@moode-WoZi:/mnt/NAS/FritzNAS/USB1TB/MP3/__ Klassik/Vivaldi $ mediainfo 'vivaldi - autumn.mp3'
General
Complete name                            : vivaldi - autumn.mp3  
File size                                : 10.7 MiB                                                                                                                                                                                         

pi@moode-WoZi:/mnt/NAS/FritzNAS/USB1TB/MP3/__ Klassik/Vivaldi $ file 'vivaldi - autumn.mp3'
vivaldi - autumn.mp3: Audio file with ID3 version 2.4.0     

I think some files are corrupt - in german we call it "Bitfäule" - Bit-rot Confused 

The origin of my screenname is a pun about the feeling driving left on a german highway without speed limit and the cardriver in front of you is an older man with a hat (and a maximum speed of 95 km/h...) Big Grin

big greetings!

Tom
--
started with a ZX 81... today challenged by RasPi   :D
[quote pid='27993' dateline='1607880584']
[/quote]

Hi,
thanks the "noserverino" in the smb-parameters i can now access to the HDD at my Fritzbox and play my music. But at the other RasPi (Pi 1B) it doesn't work Angry  Undecided
So i don't understand completely what it does...

But i've learned a lot!
Thanks to all.

big greetings!

Tom
--
started with a ZX 81... today challenged by RasPi   :D