Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode Video ? why not ?
Facel, seems like you're making things complicated for yourself. Things don't need to be complicated by using the right tool for the job.

The requirements you describe i.e. playing video to a display whilst outputting audio to a DAC and having a built-in DLNA server is all doable with Kodi, you also already have JRMC on a NUC so you could use that (although many would argue that Kodi makes a better media center than JRMC in this day & age).

Instead of trying to use a music player to play unsupported video formats, just use an AV media center.
You can use Libreelec on your Pi or on your NUC or install Kodi on your Shield (although Libreelec could a more complete solution with regards to running Kodi).
@vinnn 

you are right = it is not very complicated to play video and audio through a Dac with the right tools.

The difficulties appears when you want to get the best audio quality from a video.

I can very easily play a video on my tv with the audio through my DAC, and I also have a Nuc running JRiver.
  This Nuc is used as a headless media server only, because a direct connection to the Dac provides a fair sound but not as good as the sound from a linux renderer like the USBRIdge signature.

The sound quality is like the food ...once you have the chance to try a 3 stars restaurant, you will find your favorite mother plate very good but not as exeptionnal as your 3 stas restaurant adventure (as long as your tongue is sensible enough)

Sorry for beeing sound sensible
Hence why I suggested using Libreelec, either on your Pi or on your NUC.

Like with mpd on Moode, Kodi on Libreelec outputs directly to ALSA so Kodi can output directly to your DAC (or the DAC in an AV device via HDMI), just pick the output device in Kodi's [System] > [Audio] menus.
(12-19-2020, 03:20 PM)vinnn Wrote: Hence why I suggested using Libreelec, either on your Pi or on your NUC.

Like with mpd on Moode, Kodi on Libreelec outputs directly to ALSA so Kodi can output directly to your DAC (or the DAC in an AV device via HDMI), just pick the output device in Kodi's [System] > [Audio] menus.

My test conclusions are:
    - achieving a synchronisation between 2 renderers for video files through DLNA does not work
    - Libreelec on the PI is the only solution for playing video file with a direct sound to the Dac.
      Now and then there is still some little pops and cracks with the sound but that should be solved by Allo as it could be a knowed problem with ethernet driver

JRiver is not able to play video on a PI3 (only PI4 at this time)

Moode remains the easiest way to go for playing audio only in my architecture.