Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode & Bubbleupnp server
Hi,

I have a pi 3B+ Allo Boss v1.2 DAC on the way and am doing some homework before choosing a distro. Is it possible to load Bubbleupnp server on the same pi as Moode which I need to access Qobuz Hires? I don't really want to run 2 pi's so this seems the ideal solution for using openhome renderers for multiple android controllers.
If it is just an OpenHome renderer you require, then the UPNP service in the coming soon Moode7 will give you the option to present one without any need for Bubbleupnp server.

Otherwise, your best bet it to try it and see. If it all goes horribly wrong then you can easily rebuild.
----------------
Robert
(12-16-2020, 06:42 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: If it is just an OpenHome renderer you require, then the UPNP service in the coming soon Moode7 will give you the option to present one without any need for Bubbleupnp server.

Otherwise, your best bet it to try it and see.  If it all goes horribly wrong then you can easily rebuild.

Thanks for the reply, I use bubbleupnp for Qobuz access as it is the only way to stream its hires service outside of its own app or my Sonos system (which is limited to 16bit) without paying again on top of its subscription for Volumio or Roon. Other options such as upnpdcli and kodi do not work with the Qobuz api anymore. Bubbleupnp currently streams to my AV amp as a dlna renderer. I intend to use a the pi with the Allo Boss DAC solely to feed my headphone amp.

Although you can stream Qobuz with an android phone using bubbleupnp on it as a upnp controller if you want to run more than one controller without them getting confused it is necessary to run the server program somewhere on the home network. I run this as an experiment on an old linux laptop but it cannot stay on all the time and getting upnpserver to run on the pi as well as another server to access and index my NAS is the ideal solution. I am therefore looking for server software that can run as a service and also link to my NAS that I can load alongside bubblupnpserver.

I would be quite happy to play about with installing it, I am pretty confident it would sit ok on the same machine. I did not know however how limited the Moode install in allowing installation of other linux programs and whether you can access a normal terminal window to do this. Moode seems to be a good candidate, if you know of others I would be interested to look at those too before jumping although a GUI is very useful as my linux terminal skills are limited.
Can you not put the Bubble Server on your NAS, that's where mine lived.
----------------
Robert
(12-16-2020, 09:01 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: Can you not put the Bubble Server on your NAS, that's where mine lived.

That would be good but it's a Buffalo linkstation. I can't see an obvious way of loading a server. Nothing in the manual.
I believe that Buffalo Linkstations can be made to run a full Debian installation which would give you loads of options. However, trying bubble server on the pi alongside moode would be easier to fix if it goes wrong.
----------------
Robert
It's an interesting Idea but there is too much important stuff on the NAS to embark on that, you would have to be a braver man than me. I'll try the pi, I can always buy a second one for it if it won't load.
(12-15-2020, 08:08 PM)M_D_F Wrote: Hi,

I have a pi 3B+ Allo Boss v1.2 DAC on the way and am doing some homework before choosing a distro. Is it possible to load Bubbleupnp server on the same pi as Moode which I need to access Qobuz Hires? I don't really want to run 2 pi's so this seems the ideal solution for using openhome renderers for multiple android controllers.

This is exactly my setup: Moode + BubbleUPNP server (it needs Java to be installed too) all running without a glitch on the same RPI 3B+ / HifiBerry DAC+ Pro, then BubbleUPNP on Android phone and Lumin on iPad (sharing the same playlist) to search and select Qobuz tracks to be streamed and played by the OpenHome renderer on the PI.
(12-16-2020, 02:52 PM)Nessuno Wrote:

This is exactly my setup: Moode + BubbleUPNP server (it needs Java to be installed too) all running without a glitch on the same RPI 3B+ / HifiBerry DAC+ Pro, then BubbleUPNP on Android phone and Lumin on iPad (sharing the same playlist) to search and select Qobuz tracks to be streamed and played by the OpenHome renderer on the PI.

That's good to know. Thanks for posting. How did you load the bubbleupnp server software. Is it possible to get to a terminal from the moode install or did you do it remotely?
(12-16-2020, 07:18 PM)M_D_F Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 02:52 PM)Nessuno Wrote:

That's good to know. Thanks for posting. How did you load the bubbleupnp server software. Is it possible to get to a terminal from the moode install or did you do it remotely?

SSH is enabled in moode.  Credentials are in the setup readme https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl.../setup.txt
----------------
Robert