Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

So, you hate the animated bargraph icon?
Do you hate it enough to hack your moOde 7.0.0 player?

I don't mind it myself---indeed I lean toward liking it---but with a few minutes to spare after dinner I sussed out enough of the feature to come up with a little script you can execute from the command line in user pi's home directory. Afterward, the 'now-playing line' in the queue will be denoted by an static ellipsis instead of by the animated bargraph.

Code:
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.svg /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.bak
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.svg /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.bak
sudo ln -s /var/www/images/dots.png /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.svg
sudo ln -s /var/www/images/dots.png /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.svg

If you don't like the effect, you can reverse your steps with

Code:
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.bak /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.svg
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.bak /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.svg

Why does this work? The animation is contained entirely within the two scalable vector graphics files. By replacing each of them with a link to a static image file already available in the distro we kill the animation.

Why not just edit the Javascript/CSS files that point to the svg files and instead show the line number like moOde used to? I'll leave that to you (hint - minification).

Why not point to a better image file? Hey, do I have to do everything? If you got this far, you can do as you like.

As always, no guarantees---I may be causing damage to some other part of moOde out of ignorance (I'm not a frontend developer). I'm sure if I am I'll hear about it Tongue

Regards,
Kent
Cool  No hate here but not a fan of animation creep. Your script is just what the Dr ordered. !!

Added and all seems fine so far Smile
----------
bob
Ok, after making a search in the Library I can no longer get back to the standard Library display.

The search terms are applied to every tab...tag, album, folder and only display the last searched for item/s

However, the workaround is to open (worked so far for this version) album view and input the search term 'all' + enter

This returns the full Library and everything then works as expected.. Big Grin

Edit..thought this was an artifact of the script but as @the_bertrum has pointed out in the next post it was simply me not finding the right search option...so totally off topic. Apologies.
----------
bob
(12-22-2020, 12:46 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Do you hate it enough to hack your moOde 7.0.0 player?

I don't mind it myself---indeed I lean toward liking it---but with a few minutes to spare after dinner I sussed out enough of the feature to come up with a little script you can execute from the command line in user pi's home directory. Afterward, the 'now-playing line' in the queue will be denoted by an static ellipsis instead of by the animated bargraph.

Code:
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.svg /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.bak
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.svg /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.bak
sudo ln -s /var/www/images/dots.png /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.svg
sudo ln -s /var/www/images/dots.png /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.svg

If you don't like the effect, you can reverse your steps with

Code:
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.bak /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.svg
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.bak /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.svg

Why does this work? The animation is contained entirely within the two scalable vector graphics files. By replacing each of them with a link to a static image file already available in the distro we kill the animation.

Why not just edit the Javascript/CSS files that point to the svg files and instead show the line number like moOde used to? I'll leave that to you (hint - minification).

Why not point to a better image file? Hey, do I have to do everything? If you got this far, you can do as you like.

As always, no guarantees---I may be causing damage to some other part of moOde out of ignorance (I'm not a frontend developer). I'm sure if I am I'll hear about it Tongue

Regards,
Kent

You are way too fast, I was hacking something similar myself.  I too quite like the dancing bars, but I understand why they might not be loved.  Nicely done sir.
----------------
Robert
(12-22-2020, 06:45 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Ok, after making a search in the Library I can no longer get back to the standard Library display.

The search terms are applied to every tab...tag, album, folder and only display the last searched for item/s

However, the workaround is to open (worked so far for this version) album view and input the search term 'all' + enter

This returns the full Library and everything then works as expected.. Big Grin

OT for this thread, but the solution is to click on the header where it says "Filtered by <search term>", that clears the search.  I think it is supposed to be mentioned in the quick help, but I confess I can't see it there.
----------------
Robert
Kent, any thoughts on getting rid of the "HD" badge under cover art in the play screen, not the library view.
Personally I like the playing animation, a lot like Roon.

yeah, you keep your hands off my bouncy sticks!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(12-22-2020, 10:25 AM)kit1cat Wrote: Kent, any thoughts on getting rid of the "HD" badge under cover art in the play screen, not the library view.

Can't use the same trick alas, the HD badge is actually styled text so you can't simply swap in a new image.  I suspect it needs a hack on the code that decides to show it, which I've not located yet.
----------------
Robert
Nah, I'm not trying to re-engineer the WebUI. It's just that my curiosity about the animation was piqued by the recent posts.

Personally, whether it's animated or static, I seem to need an obvious icon to the left of the now-playing item.

<rambling>
Gotta love SVG. I was using it in the 00's to generate dynamic, data-driven displays in a laboratory setting when only Adobe had a SVG browser worth spit and only my Silicon Graphics workstations had a decent graphics subsystem. Good times.

During my salad days as a student, I was involved in radio as a side hustle way last century. Recently I've been a tech mentor to my grandkids' high school theater group. It feels natural to me to see bouncing meters and/or bars on the console. I still occasionally poke at PeppyMeter to see how I would go about integrating it into moOde as an alternative to CoverView.
</rambling>

Regards,
Kent