Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Running Moode and OMV on same Pi?
Hi everyone, I tried to install OMV on my Pi which is already set up for Moode. The only problem is that if I use the Pi's IP address in my browser, I am taken to Moode. Is there any way to change the port or some other trickery so that "moode.local" resolves to a different port and OMV can work on the IP address? How do people generally get around this simple conflict?
Open Media Vault is a different Linux distribution.
If you want to chop & change between distros you're best having different SD cards and booting from the desired one when required.

I'm guessing that might not be what you're intending though, what are you trying to achieve?
(12-22-2020, 06:38 PM)lamode Wrote: Hi everyone, I tried to install OMV on my Pi which is already set up for Moode. The only problem is that if I use the Pi's IP address in my browser, I am taken to Moode. Is there any way to change the port or some other trickery so that "moode.local" resolves to a different port and OMV can work on the IP address? How do people generally get around this simple conflict?

Why should moOde be the one to change? Why not change OMV? After all, the moOdeUI is the one you're going to be accessing more frequently. Keep it easy to access.

Anyway, both use nginx for their webservice so get busy and read up on configuring nginx. I mentioned several possibilities in a recent reply to another user who wanted to run NextCloud http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...7#pid28177

Regards,
Kent
(12-22-2020, 07:06 PM)vinnn Wrote: Open Media Vault is a different Linux distribution.
If you want to chop & change between distros you're best having different SD cards and booting from the desired one when required.

I'm guessing that might not be what you're intending though, what are you trying to achieve?

I'd like the two services to be available 24/7.
(12-22-2020, 08:53 PM)lamode Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 07:06 PM)vinnn Wrote: Open Media Vault is a different Linux distribution.

I'd like the two services to be available 24/7.

What "services"?
Open Media Vault is a Linux distro geared towards hosting network shares/filesystems and media services like DLNA. Any distro can do that including Moode.
Which is why I ask, what are you trying to achieve?