Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: USB DAC Issue or Install Issue?
@radiooff
The M100 has two usb ports, one for power and one for source input.
You are connecting the right USB port to your Pi aren't you?
(01-05-2021, 08:12 PM)vinnn Wrote: @radiooff

Yes, I have.

But, it's certainly possible I could have damaged the input port by accidentally plugging in the power supply to it; if that is possible. So, now I wait for the new DAC and power supply.
(01-06-2021, 02:00 PM)radiooff Wrote:

Yes, I have.

But, it's certainly possible I could have damaged the input port by accidentally plugging in the power supply to it; if that is possible. So, now I wait for the new DAC and power supply.
You shouldn't have any issues plugging a psu into the input as it's input/power anyway. The only reason there's a separate power input is it the device you're plugged into can't supply enough juice to the DAC.
You could try enabling 'USB UCA2 fix' to get a little extra power into your DAC.
I've got an SMSL Sanskritt 10th II and had no issues at all get to g it to work on a Pi3.
(01-07-2021, 07:01 PM)Strider Wrote:

Yes, I have.

You shouldn't have any issues plugging a psu into the input as it's input/power anyway. The only reason there's a separate power input is it the device you're plugged into can't supply enough juice to the DAC.
You could try enabling 'USB UCA2 fix' to get a little extra power into your DAC.
I've got an SMSL Sanskritt 10th II and had no issues at all get to g it to work on a Pi3.

Thank you. I have tried that USB fix. It helped me getting my USB hard drive recognized, but not the M100.

This journey has been a bit strange.

I've tried using an RPi3B+. When I use that I can pick between 32bit and the experimental 64bit build. I can specifically enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Whereas, on The RPi 4, I can only pick the 32bit build, not the 64bit one. BT/WiFi are not itemized in the same way as on the Pi3.

I do have the Topping D50 and the power supply for it. I'll rewrite the build and try installing from there.
Does moode log show "Unknown Pi" on your Pi-4?

Code:
moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-08-2021, 05:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Does moode log show "Unknown Pi" on your Pi-4?

Code:
moodeutl -l

Yes, yes it does.

I thought this was a bit odd but I really did not think much of it. Does this matter?
Yes because the revision code for the Pi is used to determine what capabilities it has for example integrated WiFi/BT or capability to run 64-bit experimental kernel.

We are usually a minor or bugfix release behind the release of new Pi's by the foundation. Upcoming 7.1.0 release includes all the Pi-4 models.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-09-2021, 03:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Yes because the revision code for the Pi is used to determine what capabilities it has for example integrated WiFi/BT or capability to run 64-bit experimental kernel.

We are usually a minor or bugfix release behind the release of new Pi's by the foundation. Upcoming 7.1.0 release includes all the Pi-4 models.

Should I wait until then, or just forge ahead and update as needed?
(01-07-2021, 07:01 PM)Strider Wrote:

Yes, I have.

Hi there, thank you for this thread. I wonder if you could help out a newbie?

I am using the latest version Moode.
I have just connected the SMSL Sanskrit 10th II to my rpi3,  but I can't get any sound out of it.
I have ensured that in the audio configuration both named device and DT overlay are set to none.
The DAC is connected via input 1 to the rpi
The DAC is connected via rca to the amp
The DAC displays 'd - 8'
I can't get a sound out of it.
I have restarted the rpi several tries but I am obviously missing something very basic.
For a sanity check, where should I look or do?
Your wisdom and advice is greatly appreciated.
@piface
I had similar problems with mine when I first tried to connect it (RPi3b). Unfortunately I'm not sure what I did to finally get it working but it now connects reliably. Make sure that the DAC is powered up and set to input 1 first - perhaps try using the auxiliary power input if you have a spare psu. Can you connect the DAC to another device such as a laptop just to check that it's not faulty?

EDIT: Did you see the note in the manual: "When you first operate Sanskrit 10th, press the C key (on the remote) first".