Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Linux-Audio-Adjustments with Moode 7 ?
(03-31-2022, 08:56 PM)Botte Wrote: Linux-Audio-Adjustments, Seems to break 8.0.0

Bummer I liked the change it made, the stock version seams bright and a bit edgy compared to 7.6.1 with the tweaks.

My two cents 

I liked the tweaks also.  However, my impression is that 8.0.2 is LESS edgy.  Go figure  Big Grin.  My initial thoughts were that 8.0.0 was also somewhat less detailed, not in a good way.  That said, I've warmed up to the newer version quite a bit with extended listening.  I also thought that 64-bit made an improvement with 7.6.1.  I'm hoping we'll get a re-implementation of 64-bit to try out again at some point.
Eventually we will release moOde on 64-bit RaspiOS but it will take time to get that build worked out and tested to make sure all the components including MPD work reliably. There were issues when using the 64-bit kernel on 32-bit RaspiOS where MPD database update would crash :-0 Not good.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Seconding Tim's comment. I tried 64 bit a while ago in 7.xx, and liked the resulting SQ, but I couldn't add new music or do anything that triggered a database review without locking up, rebooting, going to 32 bit, rebuilding the database going back to 64 bit, and waiting for the next lockup. I happy to hear that it will become available when the kinks are thoughoughly worked out.
(04-01-2022, 04:37 PM)Skip Pack Wrote: Seconding Tim's comment. I tried 64 bit a while ago in 7.xx, and liked the resulting SQ, but I couldn't add new music or do anything that triggered a database review without locking up, rebooting, going to 32 bit, rebuilding the database going back to 64 bit, and waiting for the next lockup. I happy to hear that it will become available when the kinks are thoughoughly worked out.

Fully agree, it's gotta work otherwise it's a support nightmare...even though I had no such issues for some reason  Cool