Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

squeezelite doesn't work
Hi, and thanks in advance, for hel pme.
I upgraded after much time at 7.0.1, with new istallation, on a old rpi3 512mb, but squeezelite renderer, seem on, but it doesn't work at all.
In old release it was ok, and my LMS recognized the player succesfully.
I' m using an I2S HAT DAC, an it'sounds good.
By the way I log in terminal and with command "HTOP", not seem that the process in ON.
What i wrong?

Thank  a Lot  Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It crashes on ARM6 Pi's because of an incorrect compile flag when it was built. its fixed on upcoming 7.1.0 release but if you want that version now you can download it from the dev repo https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl...1.9.7-1270

Rename it to squeezelite and copy it to /var/local/bin/
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-04-2021, 01:12 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It crashes on ARM6 Pi's because of an incorrect compile flag when it was built. its fixed on upcoming 7.1.0 release but if you want that version now you can download it from the dev repo https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl...1.9.7-1270

First of all, Tim, many many thanks for this quick answer, it's all clear, now I try to fix it, manually, and in every case I know how solve the problem.

Hope This notes my be helpful to everyone who might have this issue too

Always thanks for doing such an amazing job Smile
(01-04-2021, 01:12 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It crashes on ARM6 Pi's because of an incorrect compile flag when it was built. its fixed on upcoming 7.1.0 release but if you want that version now you can download it from the dev repo https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl...1.9.7-1270

Version 7.1.0 isn't fixed yet. (at least not for the pi Model B Rev 2

Code:
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
model name      : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l)
Model           : Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2

The downloaded version: squeezelite-1.9.7-1270 works as a charm
Good catch. It's in the image but missing from the r701 update. I'll fix for upcoming bug fix update.
Enjoy the Music!
(03-20-2021, 06:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Good catch. It's in the image but missing from the r701 update. I'll fix for upcoming bug fix update.

Didn't update, used the button on the website to download the moode-r710-iso.
Thats odd.

From image
Code:
pi@moode:~ $
pi@moode:~ $ squeezelite -?
Squeezelite v1.9.7-1270, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2020 Ralph Irving. See -t for license terms

I'll investigate.
Enjoy the Music!
Very strange but somehow the wrong compile of squeezelite existed in my local repo but a diff was never detected by GitHub desktop. The last good compile, the one in the dev repo, was back in December but my local repo showed March 18. Given that the image is made from local repo the wrong version made it into the release image.

A total mystery...

In any case its fixed for upcoming update.
Enjoy the Music!
I'm having a similar problem and could use some guidance. I just installed the latest ISO and moode squeezelite is not showing up in my LMS. Could you walk me through a command line setup of squeezelite?

Edit: I got it working after quite a bit of futzing.

I downloaded the latest squeezelite like at the top of the thread. Renamed it and then spent a while figuring out how to get it to the moode pi. WinSCP didn't work at first. Then I was able to transfer it to the home folder, then used a sudo mv command through SSH to get it to /usr/local/bin.

I couldn't get it to be recognized by LMS until I ran squeezelite in that folder with SSH. It first showed up as squeezelite. Then after restarting moode and LMS, it showed up as moode.

Couldn't get it to play anything until after multiple restarts of both moode and LMS. Now it is currently synced and playing (as far as LMS shows) with the rest of my squeeze players.

I'm not sure what I did to finally get it working. Now to try to figure out CamillaDSP and see if the USB DAC (ESI GigaportEX) will play along...
I don't understand this.

I don't use the LMS/Squeezebox technology except when testing moOde releases so I had to do a little checking.

On a stock moOde 7.1.0 player I have running on an RPi4B, I enabled the Squeezelite renderer (m>Config>Audio config). The renderer immediately became visible in the control panel of a Logitech Media Server 8.1.1 I have running for test purposes on a Linux box. Easy Peasy.

On the moOde player

Code:
pi@moodeLR:~ $ squeezelite -? | head -1
Squeezelite v1.9.7-1270, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2020 Ralph Irving. See -t for license terms

Regards,
Kent