Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: old deleted genre tags appear in Moode 7.
What would be helpful would be to see the test file tags that MPD picked up. The multi genre/artust/etc code in moOde only accumulates specific tags including Genre, Artist, Performer and Conductor.

Try posting "Track info" for a track from each sample album or alternatively you could telnet into MPD and do an lsinfo on the path to the track to list out the tags (same as Track info).
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Both guys thank you for all the work!

The Klaus Schulze album contains one piece of musictrack, which is devided in numbers, however the music is played continue.
We call it a concept album.
Thats why on 2 cds there are 2 music pieces, with multiple names.
Can you advice what program I should use to erase that unwanted tags?
(01-12-2021, 02:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What would be helpful would be to see the test file tags that MPD picked up. The multi genre/artust/etc code in moOde only accumulates specific tags including Genre, Artist, Performer and Conductor.

Try posting "Track info" for a track from each sample album or alternatively you could telnet into MPD and do an lsinfo on the path to the track to list out the tags (same as Track info).

That's the thing. By the time we see the metadata in track info, it's already been aggregated. Here's the track info for the previous Jimi Hendrix example as scraped from the screen (I stuck in a space separator on each line to make up for the lack of screen formatting)

Code:
File path USB/ATTACHE1/MoodeAudio/Jimi Hendrix - The Ultimate Experience/01. All Along the Watchtower.mp3
Artists Jimi Hendrix, © ¤ @
Album artist Jimi Hendrix
Composer Bob Dylan
Genres Pop
Album The Ultimate Experience [Remastered]
Track 1
Title All Along the Watchtower
Date 2011
Duration 03:59
Audio format 44.1 MPEG Audio
Regards,
Kent
That looks normal except for the corrupt value "© ¤ @" in one of the two Artist tags.
Enjoy the Music!
(01-12-2021, 08:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: That looks normal except for the corrupt value "© ¤ @" in one of the two Artist tags.

Um, maybe revisit http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...0#pid29180 to see where that value likely came from?

Sorry, I'm dealing with two different issues. The OP has a seemingly corrupt value in a field. That's one issue.

Should all these fields such as "Remixed by" be rolled up as artists//performers or whatever. That's another issue, or maybe it is only to me.

Anyway, I showed where the values reside in the file so I think I'm done here.

Regards,
Kent
Right but it's MPD and the mp3 codec its using during database update thats interpreting one or both of the elements below in your mediainfo dump of the file as an Artist and adding this as the second Artist tag for the file in MPD database.

Encoded by : © ¤ @
Remixed by : © ¤ @

In ID3 spec TENC = "Encoded by" and TPE4 = "Interpreted, remixed, or otherwise modified by" which I suppose could be consideret Artists if you stretch the meaning.

Anyway moOde just picks up the tags in the MPD database not the raw tags in the files themselves. Thats done as I mentioned earlier by MPD and its codecs.

I think in this example its the bogus values in those tags thats the problem.

ETA: Posted b4 refreshing, and you are correct nothing to be done as far as code goes. It's a data issue.
Enjoy the Music!
(01-12-2021, 08:07 PM)Dig-It Wrote: Both guys thank you for all the work!

The Klaus Schulze album contains one piece of musictrack, which is devided in numbers, however the music is played continue.
We call it a concept album.
Thats why on 2 cds there are 2 music pieces, with multiple names.

Like I said, i understand why people use whole-CD files. The problem is created when you want both the whole-CD file and also information about the individual segments. Then you're forced to some solution like a CUE file, which causes interesting behavior with programs like moOde/MPD

Quote:Can you advice what program I should use to erase that unwanted tags?

Depends on your OS of choice. I note that EasyTag on my Linux box (but also available for Windows) shows the "Encoded by" entry but not the other cryptic entries. I don't have time to experiment to find out which field is being picked up by moOde/MPD. MusicBrainz Picard (Linux, Windows, MacOS) shows all the fields but IMHO takes more practice to use.

Then there's lots of programmatic tools like the Python Mutagen module which IMO is superb but requires a level of Python proficiency.

Regards,
Kent
Thank you for all the work!

I picked MusicBrainz Picard and it is amazing what rubbish is sometimes hidden in the files.
I wil scan my whole music collection and then the pandemy is over I think. (more of 600 hours of music)

For all readers: clean your files with this!

Regards, Frans