Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Add search engine feature for Radio stations without song metadata
Hi everyone,

I am new to Moode and I greatly appreciate it because it brings a whole new listening experience for digital music, so, first of all, a big "thank you" to all the people who have been working on this.

Among all Moode's features, I really like the one that allows launching a web search with a simple click on the song name. I find it particularly useful when listening to a radio station stream with embedded metadata. However, I regret that this feature is missing when no metadata is present in the radio stream, because, of course, there is no immediate way for Moode to know the name of the song I am listening to.

As a workaround, it would be nice to be able to click on the "Streaming source" mention in the player and to be redirected to the home site of the Radio station, as the latter usually displays some information on the song or radio program currently streaming. I have no knowledge of how this could actually be achieved, but I imagine that it could work more or less like this:

CURRENT BEHAVIOUR:

- When listening to a Radio stream with no embedded metadata, the player simply shows the mention "Streaming source" and no search engine feature is available

DESIRED BEHAVIOUR:

- When listening to a Radio stream with no embedded metadata, clicking on "Streaming source" actually opens the Radio Station homepage in the default web browser;

- In order to achieve this, it would probably be necessary to add a "Homepage address" field to the "Edit station" page in Moode's library and to tell Moode to look there when no info about the song is available in the Moode player.

I understand that this is a minor feature and that it might not be of high priority, but I think that it would add a little something to Moode's user experience.

Best,

mbuzz
Good idea I'll add to the TODO list.

We could also use the station name as the search string rather than add a new metadata field to the cfg_radio table for the station home page. The latter will involve more work but prolly be better in the end.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-14-2021, 06:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Good idea I'll add to the TODO list.

We could also use the station name as the search string rather than add a new metadata field to the cfg_radio table for the station home page. The latter will involve more work but prolly be better in the end.

Dear Tim,

Thank you for the quick reply. I thought about that, although I saw that clicking on the station name currently opens Moode's library radio stations list, which I actually find quite useful when I want to quickly switch to another station or audio source.

As I said, I have no idea of how much work this would require, so I understand it might be tricky from a technical standpoint.

Best
Dear Tim,

Sorry for my last post. I now understand what you actually meant by "use the station name as the search string"...

This would also be good, although it probably would not achieve the "one-click" info gathering result that I think might be optimal. So, I completely agree with you.

Best
A bit of work but much better to have a way to define the station home page and then link to it for "Streaming source".

Could prolly add a link in Audio info for the station tab as well.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Tim,

This is truly great, thank you so much!

I am looking forward to trying it.

Best