Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: MoodeAudio crashes when enabling bluetooth (RPi4 B+)
Thumbs Up 
Hello

Whenever I enable Bluetooth on Moodeaudio on my RaspBerry Pi 4B+, Moodeaudio stops and is not reachable anymore. The pi is still reachable over SSH.

This used to work back with moodeaudio 4. The pi has Bluetooth built in, so I don't see what the problem could be...

Thanks for any pointers!

Stefan
(01-19-2021, 07:25 AM)steeflemmens Wrote: Hello

Whenever I enable Bluetooth on Moodeaudio on my RaspBerry Pi 4B+, Moodeaudio stops and is not reachable anymore. The pi is still reachable over SSH.

This used to work back with moodeaudio 4. The pi has Bluetooth built in, so I don't see what the problem could be...

Thanks for any pointers!

Stefan

It might be that Moode 7.0.1 has not been updated to include the correct identification of the RPi 4B+ board yet. I had an issue with my USB DAC not working. Plus I noticed a few other things like WiFi or BT not be able to chosen in Moode and I could not install the 64-bit experimental version of Moode.

Tim told me that in 7.1 these things would be updated. Again, IDK, if that is your problem. But I figure I'd offer that the RPi 4 acts a little weird with the GUI.
I'm not aware of an RPi 4 Model " B+". I think the "+" is bogus. From time to time the RPF has issued new revisions of the RPi 4 board (see revision codes).

What does System Info say for your setup? (either moodeutl -s from the command line or m>System info from the Sys Config panel in the moOdeUI)

Here's the head stanza for one of my players

Code:
pi@moode:/var/www/inc $ moodeutl -s|more
Generating info...

S Y S T E M   P A R A M E T E R S

moOde release        = 7.0.1 2020-12-23
RaspiOS            = 10.6
Linux kernel        = 5.4.77-v7l+ #1371
Platform        = Pi-4B 1GB v1.1
Architecture        = armv7l (32-bit)
System uptime        = up 22 hours, 11 minutes
Timezone        = America/New_York
Current time        = 2021-01-20 11:27:45

If the "Platform" line is empty then moOde didn't recognize your board because its revision code is newer than the list stored in moOde. That's what Tim is adjusting for the next release.

There is no change in any of the routines, however, so it's a simple addition to the list.

Regards,
Kent
I'm having the same issue, turned integrated BT in System Settings, restarted moode/rpi, tried enabling BT render in Audio Settings multiple times
and it gets stuck everytime. Anything else that needs to be activated/disabled or the internal BT adapter is not compatible with the current release?

Thanks in advance!

Code:
pi@moode:/var/www/inc $ sudo moodeutl -s|more
Gathering info...
/var/www/command/sysinfo.sh: line 462: bluetoothd: command not found
/var/www/command/sysinfo.sh: line 310: /usr/local/bin/squeezelite: Permission denied
/var/www/command/sysinfo.sh: line 311: /usr/local/bin/squeezelite: Permission denied

S Y S T E M   P A R A M E T E R S

moOde release           = 7.2.1 2021-05-06
RaspiOS                 = 10.9
Linux kernel            = 5.4.77-v7l+ #1371
Platform                = Pi-4B 1.4 8GB
Architecture            = armv7l (32-bit)
System uptime           = up 7 minutes
Timezone                = Europe/Zurich
Current time            = 2021-06-27 13:08:30
CPU governor            = ondemand
Onboard WiFi            = On
Onboard BT              = On
HDMI output             = On
LED state               = 1,1
B L U E T O O T H   S E T T I N G S

Bluetooth ver           =
Bluealsa ver            = v3.0.0
Speaker sharing         = No
Resume MPD              = No
PCM buffer time         = 500000 (μs)
Log shows wrong version of RaspiOS which indicates your image has been modified and has breakage. moOde 7.2.1 ships with RaspiOS 10.6

Code:

The official image is available at http://moodeaudio.org
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-27-2021, 11:59 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Log shows wrong version of RaspiOS which indicates your image has been modified and has breakage. moOde 7.2.1 ships with RaspiOS 10.6

Code:

The official image is available at http://moodeaudio.org

I misunderstood the installation instructions, did it all over again, installed 7.3, and I can enable bluetooth, pair and play from my phone now, thank you for your answer!