Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Radio Logos for own Stations
I added own Radio Stations to the radio folder in subfolders "DE" and "CH" for german and swiss stations.

They all play fine, but there are no displayed station logos.

A found a solution. After unsquashing (build recipe appendix) I copied my own logos in the folder radio-logos via WinSCP (a ssh gui) and with a sqlite editor I added new entries to the moode-sqlite3.db for these stations.

All went fine with moode 4.0, the new sations played with displayed own logo.

Some days ago I updated to moode 4.1 and all own logos are lost in the new folder radio-logos.

I thought no problem - I have backups of my logos. But after unsquashing I have no more rights to copy these files in the radio-logos folder.

I am inexperienced in Linux and hope for any solution.
(04-09-2018, 01:37 PM)leo888 Wrote: I added own Radio Stations to the radio folder in subfolders "DE" and "CH" for german and swiss stations.

A found a solution. After unsquashing (build recipe appendix) I copied my own logos in the folder radio-logos via WinSCP (a ssh gui) and with a sqlite editor I added new entries to the moode-sqlite3.db for these stations.

Some days ago I updated to moode 4.1 and all own logos are lost in the new folder radio-logos.

I thought no problem - I have backups of my logos. But after unsquashing I have no more rights to copy these files in the radio-logos folder.

@leo888

You need to execute your copy command with root privileges. In moOdeOS this is done by prefacing your command with "sudo". For example, to copy the file "my-pic" from the directory you're currently in

Code:
sudo cp my-pic /var/www/images/radio-logos/

Regards,
Kent
(04-09-2018, 04:04 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 01:37 PM)leo888 Wrote: I added own Radio Stations to the radio folder in subfolders "DE" and "CH" for german and swiss stations.

@leo888

You need to execute your copy command with root privileges. In moOdeOS this is done by prefacing your command with "sudo". For example, to copy the file "my-pic" from the directory you're currently in

Code:
sudo cp my-pic /var/www/images/radio-logos/

Regards,
Kent

Thank you for your help.

I estabished an root-account with password and now I am capable to transfer files from my Windows-PC to the radio-logos folder with WinSPC.

Hi,
Can you tell me what the naming convention is for the new radio station images?
E.g. is if I have a station "radio station ABC" is it simply "radio station ABC.jpg"?
(04-10-2018, 02:01 AM)Drewt Wrote:

Hi,
Can you tell me what the naming convention is for the new radio station images?
E.g. is if I have a station "radio station ABC" is it simply "radio station ABC.jpg"?

My station logos have the same name as the stations, with the extension .png (600x600x24 bit). I think jpegs are no problem.

Other question: can someone tel me how mark the Problem as solved
Thx. I'll give it a try