Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Audirvana can't stream to moOde
Hi,

just setting up moOde for the first time.

Radio is playing fine from moOde, but Audirvana+ is having problems with it.

I made it to work for a few seconds, so music was streaming from Audirvana+ on Windows to moOde, but then it stopped and I can't get it back to work.

Any ideas?
Hi, 
It seems a little redundant to connect audirvana to MoOde.
Connect directly to a dac from Audirvan/Windows, or use MoOde as the main setup.
@econaut 

So what did you do to make it work for a few seconds???

All I know about Audirvana is what is said on their website.
Looks like it can act as both UPnP control point and media server. Assuming you enabled the "UPnP Client for MPD" in moOde's Audio Config panel, which turns it into a UPnP/DLNA renderer, all you should have to do is select the renderer name in whatever list of renderers is presented in Audirvana.
This works fine for me using various UPnP control point apps running on phones, tablets, and PCs. There's some user-settable options in moOde but the defaults should work right out of the box.
Regards,
Kent
(01-30-2021, 02:56 PM)econaut Wrote: Hi,

I made it to work for a few seconds, so music was streaming from Audirvana+ on Windows to moOde, but then it stopped and I can't get it back to work.

Any ideas?

No problems here streaming Qobuz over Audirvana on macOS. Try to clear any orphaned playlist and then restart Audirvana. Also check to see if there are any Audirvana updates waiting to be applied.
(01-30-2021, 02:56 PM)econaut Wrote: Hi,

Any ideas?

Provide more detailed info about how you have configured things. 

What are using to stream music from Windows to moode?
- UPnP, Airplay, etc?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks for the quick replies. I am using UPnP.

I just tested with Foobar2000 and streaming to moOde works flawlessly.

When using Audirvana+ it plays 2 seconds and then stops.

This is not the case when using RopieeeXL as a renderer.

EDIT: When closing Audirvana+ und trying again, it doesn't even play the 2 seconds. Probably a reboot of both PC and Pi would get me that 2 seconds again.
moOde doesn't know what type of UPnP client is connected so I'd suggest posting on the Audirvana Forum and see if they can provide any insight.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-30-2021, 05:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde doesn't know what type of UPnP client is connected so I'd suggest posting on the Audirvana Forum and see if they can provide any insight.

Alright, will do that. Thanks!
(01-30-2021, 05:59 PM)econaut Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 05:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde doesn't know what type of UPnP client is connected so I'd suggest posting on the Audirvana Forum and see if they can provide any insight.

Alright, will do that. Thanks!

When you do, be sure to mention that at least one user reports Audirvana + MacOS works with moOde. Otherwise, they're likely to say simply it must be moOde's problem.

Regards,
Kent
Yes, good idea!