Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Detect state changes
Hi Tim, just to bring a different perspective here..  I see MoodeAudio as more than just the player interface.  Moode is awesome because it is an appliance where almost all of the heavy lifting is done very well.

In my opinion, it would be nice to expose an interface to allow other front ends or systems to integrate with Moode.  In a lot of cases, Moode could provide an interface for status and switching between different sources, at the very least.

Also, to be fair, I love the intuitive web interface, but as a player, it is too slow on my Pi2 with managing my library.  I don't see why another front-end should be discouraged.  The web player can always be the reference interface and a backup if another is used.

I don't know if there is an API right now, so I'm a little uninformed.

That said, I think that making Moode more flexible and easier to integrate with is a great thing for the project and can only make it more popular.
Why don't you make a case for your paticular ideas to be implemented? If you are a dev then there is nothing stopping you from joining our project to contribute your time, expertise and code to improve moOde. If ur not a dev then maybe your ideas will gain support from others that can devote their time to contribute to the project.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-11-2021, 03:26 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Why don't you make a case for your paticular ideas to be implemented? If you are a dev then there is nothing stopping you from joining our project to contribute your time, expertise and code to improve moOde. If ur not a dev then maybe your ideas will gain support from others that can devote their time to contribute to the project.

Yeah, I've been thinking of helping out in some form, but it won't be immediately.  In the meantime, I'll throw out some of these ideas for discussion in another post.