Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Own radiostations not showing up
Hi

I've just installed moOde 7.0.1, and I used to create folders under '/var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO' with .pls files and they'd show in in the UI.

But with version 7.0.1, I only seem to be able to see the pre-installed radio-stations.

Am I blind to an option somewhere or is this not possible anymore?

TIA

/Søren

N.B. I did run a 'Update library'
In order to make Radio view more flexible and powerful going forward a metadata based system was created which made subfolders unnecessary.

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Please consider re-instating the ability to access via samba and create/delete stations and folders. This was a simple and speedy configuration.

7.00 series only allows hiding and the database is therefore slowed by the unused crufty stations.

I would listen to perhaps 6 of the stock and 8 custom added...this makes the radio library fast and fitted.
----------
bob
I've never experienced any performance issues with Radio view. Theres only a few hundred stations in the list and I would think that any modern Browser and a decent network should be able to handle that easily.

As far as Samba access goes, the MPD Radio directory is still available via Samba but it only provides access to the .pls files. In order to get radio logos and thumbs to display you would need to manipulate the cfg_radio SQL table and the directories that contain the logo and thumb images.

If you want to alter the Radio feature to you liking do the following:

1. Export the stations
2. Unzip stations.zip
3. Edit content in the directory structure including cfg_radio.csv file
4. Re-zip the directory structure
5. Import stations.zip
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@DRONE7 - check your private messages folder.
Hi Tim, thanks for your early reply....

I like to listen to a new radio station every day, so I've downloaded all the stations from fmstream.org, and tried to upload them using the import feature....

the import worked fine, but having 70000+ stations seem to kill the UI.....

Before, I had the stations organized in a structure like this:

RADIO
- International
- Afganistan
- *.pls
- Argentina
- *.pls
- *.pls
- Zimbabwe
- *.pls

That was working pretty well, and the UI was still very responsive....

Is there a way to organize the radiostations in an hirarchical way, with the new radio manager?

TIA

/SØren