Thank you for your donation!

Problem: Glitch when start or seek music.
There is a problem in version 4.2. Scrolling or starting the music on the Hifiberry DAC (Burr-Brown PCM chip) generates a glitch. In Kodi this problem does not occur. In the Moode 4.0 or 4.1 version, I did not notice this as now, the first time we run the 4.2 version. The audio device should be open all the time. 
My little brick in this device - a tube buffer similar to the diamond topology (double cross coupled balanced path). http://zweimann.pl/product/zweimann-dac-...e-edition/
Please provide more information.

- Which model Hifiberry DAC?
- Song file or radio stream?
- Local storage or NAS?
- Steps to reproduce the issue

-Tim
(07-24-2018, 11:17 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Please provide more information.

- Which model Hifiberry DAC?
- Song file or radio stream?
- Local storage or NAS?
- Steps to reproduce the issue

-Tim
Raspberry Pi B2.
Hifiberry DAC+ (old/first version/layout PCB).
2A power supply. 
FLAC song, Sox to 24b@192kHz.
Local HDD via USB or via SMB  (= no problem with source). 

Glitch (tap) after pressing the play. Further playback is fine. The glitches (taps) appear after using "fast forward" (seek) when a jump to a new position in the same song occurs. This is supposedly a general problem of Butr-Brown sigma-delta DACs, just after opening the audio device when the pulse modulation "starts and accelerates" from the "stop state". There is no such phenomenon in KODI (v15, v16, v17). 

PS - KODI 17 has the option of controlling the work of PLL that generates clock waveforms in the way they called it synchronic with the sound being played. If you understand correctly, can this minimize the jitter of clock runs coming from the procesor?

I apologize for my poor English (from the translator).
My little brick in this device - a tube buffer similar to the diamond topology (double cross coupled balanced path). http://zweimann.pl/product/zweimann-dac-...e-edition/
Hi,

Does the glitch occur when automatically transitioning from one track to the next in the Playlist?

-Tim
(07-25-2018, 10:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Does the glitch occur when automatically transitioning from one track to the next in the Playlist?

-Tim

Glitch appears already at the jump on the same track so it also applies to the jump to another song. KODI is devoid of this effect. The lack of free time does not allow me to make comparative content with previous versions of Moode or Volumio.
(07-25-2018, 10:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

-Tim

Glitch appears already at the jump on the same track so it also applies to the jump to another song. KODI is devoid of this effect. The lack of free time does not allow me to make comparative content with previous versions of Moode or Volumio.
Hi,

All my PCM5xxx based DAC's seem to have this bump but none of my ESS based DAC's do this.

Maybe KODI is using some sort of custom audio stack.

-Tim
Hello,

I have the same glitch problem with Hifiberry DAC+ Pro on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and Moode 4.4.
Reading a FLAC file from USB.
The glitches are occuring when making pause/restart of the song and when changing song.
With another Hifiberry DAC+ from 2014 and Raspberry Pi 2 and Moode 4.4, there is no glitch at all.

Can somebody tell me if there is a specific setting to put on the DAC+ Pro to remove these glitches ? Or if this is a confirmed bug on Moode to be solved later on ?
Try Swapping the DAC+ to the Pi-3B+ and see if the glitches occur.
So I tested all configurations :
Pi3B+ & DAC+pro = glitches
Pi3B+ & DAC+ = OK
Pi2 & DAC+pro = OK
Pi2 & DAC+ = OK

So it confirms a kind of incompatibility between the Pi3 and the DAC+pro with Moode 4.4.

Do you want that I perfom more tests ?