Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

PeppyMeter and moOde
(04-19-2021, 11:32 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hi jazzaj,
The configuration reported on Github to run the Peppymeter in the moode environment is based on the fb0 that (as default) is the  directly attached display to the rpi (normally touch-screen 7").
It you want to run on a remote terminal you need to run VNC on the pc and to run VNC server on the rpi.
I am sorry: I don't have detailed instruction. I have tested it a long time ago and don't have any notes.
You can see how is the aspect in the original peppymeter github at this page https://github.com/project-owner/PeppyMe...ki/Display.
Please let me know if you need any additional help.
Regards,
Francesco

Ok, it's clear fo me now.
Do you plan to add another features to Peppymeter for Moode for getting a nice dipslay as the one for Volumio :[Image: 823492a62165cbf4df1420d88f81a936d23dae87_2_690x459.jpeg]
And does this type of display the ability to select files, play, stop, etc. ? Or it's just a kind of screensaver ?

Is this case, I think I will go for a specific display, if not I will continue with my phone
(04-20-2021, 10:16 AM)jazzaj Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 11:32 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hi jazzaj,
The configuration reported on Github to run the Peppymeter in the moode environment is based on the fb0 that (as default) is the  directly attached display to the rpi (normally touch-screen 7").
It you want to run on a remote terminal you need to run VNC on the pc and to run VNC server on the rpi.
I am sorry: I don't have detailed instruction. I have tested it a long time ago and don't have any notes.
You can see how is the aspect in the original peppymeter github at this page https://github.com/project-owner/PeppyMe...ki/Display.
Please let me know if you need any additional help.
Regards,
Francesco

Ok, it's clear fo me now.
Do you plan to add another features to Peppymeter for Moode for getting a nice dipslay as the one for Volumio :[Image: 823492a62165cbf4df1420d88f81a936d23dae87_2_690x459.jpeg]
And does this type of display the ability to select files, play, stop, etc. ? Or it's just a kind of screensaver ?

Is this case, I think I will go for a specific display, if not I will continue with my phone

Hi jazzaj,
I already saw (yesterday) those wonderful pictures at the "rpi" link. I don't think to be able to create something like that and, of course, I don't know if it is "just a kind of screensaver". 
I can say to you that my medium term plan is to have the peppymeter on a secondary screen: where the primary is the moOde UI. At the moment (short term plan) is to integrate the peppymeter in moOde without the modification at mpd level. If you plan to use VNC, please let me know because I could try to run it again for you.
Regards,
Francesco
(04-20-2021, 03:19 PM)fdealexa Wrote: I don't know if it is "just a kind of screensaver". 
I can say to you that my medium term plan is to have the peppymeter on a secondary screen: where the primary is the moOde UI. At the moment (short term plan) is to integrate the peppymeter in moOde without the modification at mpd level. If you plan to use VNC, please let me know because I could try to run it again for you.
Regards,
Francesco

I think you're right with a secondary screen, VU meters are so wonderful on top of a system (mine is a schiit combo, modi + heresy).
Not sure I will use VNC that is not so sexy.
Hi all,
the repository on GITHUB, has been update for the installation on 7.2.0.
Best regards,
Francesco
PeppyMeter_and_moOde
Photo 
(05-01-2021, 09:49 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hi all,
Best regards,
Francesco
PeppyMeter_and_moOde

Very good job, Francesco.

I was 2 days just testing with loopback and making alias, etc... but no experience in ALSA config.

Many thanks
Thumbs Up 
(05-02-2021, 12:01 PM)pmartin Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 09:49 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hi all,
Best regards,
Francesco
PeppyMeter_and_moOde

Very good job, Francesco.

I was 2 days just testing with loopback and making alias, etc... but no experience in ALSA config.

Many thanks

Hi pmartin,
Thank you for the compliments.  Big Grin
Best regards,
Francesco
Working great, but need to be smoother, I have also spectrum running, maybe it's a problem.
And is there a way to add a button on the UI to display or not the peppymeter? what would be the command to show it?
(05-02-2021, 08:25 PM)Alaini93 Wrote: Working great, but need to be smoother, I have also spectrum running, maybe it's a problem.
And is there a way to add a button on the UI to display or not the peppymeter? what would be the command to show it?

Hello Alaini93,
Regarding the smoothness of the meter, please refer to the original documentation Home * project-owner/PeppyMeter.doc Wiki * GitHub. In particular the section "tuning" contains some informations. Additional infoes can be reached on the DIYAudio thread
The second point: you can try to check if the CPU and the memory are too stressed with the command 
Code:
moodeutl -m

About the button on UI and its command: I think it is possible (I don't know how), but you should need another button on the meter to come back to the moOde UI. As you probably know I already did it with external switches (sorry, not yet documented - see the video).
Best regards,
Francesco
ok thanks,
I can not see your video (not allow), I thought about external button, but that's mean you have to get up and go push it Smile
(05-03-2021, 12:15 PM)Alaini93 Wrote: ok thanks,
I can not see your video (not allow), I thought about external button, but that's mean you have to get up and go push it Smile

Hello Alaini93,
Let us try again for the video.
Another hypothesis, to avoid to get up, could be the use of IR remote control: I never tried it.
Regards,
Francesco