Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

issue with Qobuz (and Tidal)
@officialsm 

So there are three methods to stream Qobuz tracks through a moOde player.

1. Use an official Qobuz mobile app or Web player on some other host and direct the audio output to moOde's Bluetooth or Airplay renderer. The chosen alternative renderer has to be enabled, of course.

2. Use a 3rd party DLNA Media Player / UPnP AV Control Point or OpenHome Player with built-in Qobuz service, again on some other host, and direct the audio output to the moOde UPnP Renderer. The UPnP Renderer has to be enabled as well as its correct service (UPnP AV or Openhome, or both in many cases). BubbleDS is an example of a Qobuz-enabled OpenHome player available for Android devices.

In this method, it is not necessary to enter Qobuz credentials in moOde's UPnP Config page. They are entered into the 3rd party app. One navigates to Qobuz in the cloud, not in a local server.

3. Alternatively, use a 3rd party DLNA Media Player /UPnP AV Control Point / OpenHome Player but with the Qobuz service enabled in moOde's UPnP Config page. In this case, one navigates to Qobuz in the moOde UPNP-mediaserver.

There are essential differences between OpenHome and UPnP AV / DLNA protocols, but I'm not going to discuss them here. Consult your favorite search engine.

Similarly, there are differences among all the 3rd party apps, some of which have caused problems for the upmpdcli developer. Again, I'm not going to discuss them here. Consult the upmpdcli website, which touches on some of the protocol issues as well.

At one time or another I've fiddled with the Bubble apps, with various Linn apps (Kinsky, Kazoo), and also with mconnectLite, either on Android or iOS. For the most part, I don't like any of them and I'm not going to try to walk anyone else through them.

When I listen to a paid streaming service I use the service's bespoke app. I'm so old my ears can't discern the difference between streaming direct to moOde and streaming through Airplay and IMHO my iPad 9.7' is the right-sized handheld for exploring their apps (and the moOde WebUI, for that matter).

I haven't mentioned Tidal here but the principle is the same. Other nice streaming services such as Primephonic and AmazonMusicHD, are accessible only by method #1.

ETA - Spotify is off in its own little world where one has to use method #1 with the audio output directed to the moOde Spotify Renderer, which has to be enabled, of course.

Regards,
Kent

PS - the Qobuz credentials have to be correct for the service level being corrected. I've had some interesting glitches with my credentials not being validated in one app or another (or in the upmpdcli qobuz plugin) and then working another day.
(02-13-2021, 10:05 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @officialsm 

So there are three methods to stream Qobuz tracks through a moOde player.

1. Use an official Qobuz mobile app or Web player on some other host and direct the audio output to moOde's Bluetooth or Airplay renderer. The chosen alternative renderer has to be enabled, of course.

2. Use a 3rd party DLNA Media Player / UPnP AV Control Point or OpenHome Player with built-in Qobuz service, again on some other host, and direct the audio output to the moOde UPnP Renderer. The UPnP Renderer has to be enabled as well as its correct service (UPnP AV or Openhome, or both in many cases). BubbleDS is an example of a Qobuz-enabled OpenHome player available for Android devices.

In this method, it is not necessary to enter Qobuz credentials in moOde's UPnP Config page. They are entered into the 3rd party app. One navigates to Qobuz in the cloud, not in a local server.

3. Alternatively, use a 3rd party DLNA Media Player /UPnP AV Control Point / OpenHome Player but with the Qobuz service enabled in moOde's UPnP Config page. In this case, one navigates to Qobuz in the moOde UPNP-mediaserver.

There are essential differences between OpenHome and UPnP AV / DLNA protocols, but I'm not going to discuss them here. Consult your favorite search engine.

Similarly, there are differences among all the 3rd party apps, some of which have caused problems for the upmpdcli developer. Again, I'm not going to discuss them here. Consult the upmpdcli website, which touches on some of the protocol issues as well.

At one time or another I've fiddled with the Bubble apps, with various Linn apps (Kinsky, Kazoo), and also with mconnectLite, either on Android or iOS. For the most part, I don't like any of them and I'm not going to try to walk anyone else through them.

When I listen to a paid streaming service I use the service's bespoke app. I'm so old my ears can't discern the difference between streaming direct to moOde and streaming through Airplay and IMHO my iPad 9.7' is the right-sized handheld for exploring their apps (and the moOde WebUI, for that matter).

I haven't mentioned Tidal here but the principle is the same. Other nice streaming services such as Primephonic and AmazonMusicHD, are accessible only by method #1.

ETA - Spotify is off in its own little world where one has to use method #1 with the audio output directed to the moOde Spotify Renderer, which has to be enabled, of course.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent, your helping was really precious. 
My goal is to have Qobuz, maybe Tidal in future, avoid Spotify:

Method #1
My amps has Bluetooth aptx HD, so is a non-sense for me to use with Moode. 

Method #2
It works. Thank you so much. I will use it at the moment. 

Method #3 
Despite I have done configuration on Moode and I installed Linn Kazoo and Bubble UPnP it is NOT working. Errors are on my first post.  Do you know why and how fix them?
Someone could help me to fix issue with Bubbleupnp?
How to get this working is explained several times in this forum, and even in this post. Do a search and read widely. Check your settings carefully, start from scratch if needs be. Try more than one of the proposed methods. Note that TIDAL are not very friendly to Open Source projects so that will probably never work well. Note also that the integration with Qobuz is improved in the soon to be released version 7.1.0. I suspect that if you are having trouble with option 3 as described by Kent, then you best wait for the next version.
----------------
Robert
Hi,
i was listening every day songs from Qobuz.
After 4/5 songs stops.
It this case i cannot see UPNP renderer in BubbleUPNP, it disappear (on smartphone). If i restart UPNP renderer i can play it newly. The rendere after some songs goes down.

Will be fixed with 7.1.0?
(02-24-2021, 08:35 AM)officialsm Wrote: Hi,
i was listening every day songs from Qobuz.
After 4/5 songs stops.
It this case i cannot see UPNP renderer in BubbleUPNP, it disappear (on smartphone). If i restart UPNP renderer i can play it newly. The rendere after some songs goes down.

Will be fixed with 7.1.0?

Your symptoms do not sound like something that is an issue with moOde in general, I've listened for hours over UPnP with no issues, as have many other on this forum.  I'd expect the culprit in this case is something in your setup.  I'd do a little snooping through all the components (BubbleUPnP client, phone, router, Raspberry Pi) and make sure nothing is going to sleep, or dropping connections, or switching connections.  If all that looks good a fresh installation of moOde might help.

Having said that, the Qobuz integration (and UPnP in general) is improving in 7.1.0
----------------
Robert