Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

stream micro-interrumptions
In your experience this could be an issue or problem?

Feb 22 15:20:56 Simoode-audio mtp-probe: bus: 1, device: 4 was not an MTP device

Meanwhile i will try to play flac files form intenal memory.
I agree with Kent, the USB disconnection is most likely going to be either a crappy USB cable, the DAC in the CXA 81 dropping off or the Raspberry Pi itself being underpowered (if you have multiple peripherals drawing power with an inadequate psu).

Firstly connect using a short, robust USB cable. Also try enabling the "USB (UAC2) fix" in Moode's system settings.
(02-22-2021, 04:35 PM)vinnn Wrote: I agree with Kent, the USB disconnection is most likely going to be either a crappy USB cable, the DAC in the CXA 81 dropping off or the Raspberry Pi itself being underpowered (if you have multiple peripherals drawing power with an inadequate psu).

Firstly connect using a short, robust USB cable. Also try enabling the "USB (UAC2) fix" in Moode's system settings.

Thank you. 
USB cable is a 70 cm Ricable Magnus. A good quality cable, maybe it could be defective.

First question:
I played same songs from local memory and i didn't have issue. Maybe usb pen + usb cable together can drop down connection?

Second question:
What changes setting "USB (UAC2) fix"?

Thank you again

@TheOldPresbyope
@officialsm

The setting is in the moOde System Config panel.

I just looked up the user manual for the CXA81 Cambridge Amp (you still haven't said, so I'm just guessing this is correct).

Here's a quote from page 10

Quote:USE WITH LINUX

For most builds of Linux with the CXA switched to USB Audio Class 1 the
CXA will work with the native Audio 1.0 driver and accept audio up to
24-bit/96kHz.

Some very new builds of Linux are now supporting USB Audio Class 2
for which the CXA should be switched to Audio 2.0 to accept audio up to
32-bit/384kHz.

For both cases because Linux builds vary according to their creators choice
of software components including drivers it is not possible to guarantee
operation and Audio drivers may need to be loaded.

'Class drivers' as they are called for generic support of Audio Class 1.0 or
Audio Class 2.0 devices may be available from the Linux community, we
do not supply these.

It's been my experience that, out of the box, moOde is able to drive any DAC which is claimed to be Audio Class 2.0. Between the DAC and moOde you have two x two = four different combinations of settings you can try. Have fun.

I can make all sorts of conjectures about the syslog messages but without more information that's all they are, conjectures (aka WAGs). The MTP messages could mean Raspberry Pi OS doesn't know this device needs a special udev rule that says skip the MTP scan for it; the unsupported format message could be true yet have no effect on moOde. OTOH, it's up to the vendor to provide the Linux devs with proper information. The quote from the manual suggests to me they aren't going to bother.

Regards,
Kent
The USB (UAC2) fix is an old setting that attempted to compensate for buggy Linux USB Audio driver. I don't think it's needed anymore.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-22-2021, 05:17 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @officialsm

The setting is in the moOde System Config panel.

I just looked up the user manual for the CXA81 Cambridge Amp (you still haven't said, so I'm just guessing this is correct).

Here's a quote from page 10

Quote:USE WITH LINUX

For most builds of Linux with the CXA switched to USB Audio Class 1 the
CXA will work with the native Audio 1.0 driver and accept audio up to
24-bit/96kHz.

Some very new builds of Linux are now supporting USB Audio Class 2
for which the CXA should be switched to Audio 2.0 to accept audio up to
32-bit/384kHz.

For both cases because Linux builds vary according to their creators choice
of software components including drivers it is not possible to guarantee
operation and Audio drivers may need to be loaded.

'Class drivers' as they are called for generic support of Audio Class 1.0 or
Audio Class 2.0 devices may be available from the Linux community, we
do not supply these.

It's been my experience that, out of the box, moOde is able to drive any DAC which is claimed to be Audio Class 2.0. Between the DAC and moOde you have two x two = four different combinations of settings you can try. Have fun.

I can make all sorts of conjectures about the syslog messages but without more information that's all they are, conjectures (aka WAGs). The MTP messages could mean Raspberry Pi OS doesn't know this device needs a special udev rule that says skip the MTP scan for it; the unsupported format message could be true yet have no effect on moOde. OTOH, it's up to the vendor to provide the Linux devs with proper information. The quote from the manual suggests to me they aren't going to bother.

Regards,
Kent

Yes is Cambridge CXA81
(02-22-2021, 05:24 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The USB (UAC2) fix is an old setting that attempted to compensate for buggy Linux USB Audio driver. I don't think it's needed anymore.

Did you suggest to enable or disable it in my case?
I had another issue. With Bubble UPNP steaming from Qobuz, added some songs t playlist. After the first one it stops playing, with this error in Moode.log:

20210223 113135 enhanceMetadata(): error: currentsong file is NULL

Randomly in syslog i have this error (when it seems stop/restart playing):

Feb 23 11:42:37 Simoode-audio upmpdcli[1735]: :2Confusedrc/mpdcli.cxx:283::mpd_run_clear(m_conn) failed: Connection closed by the server

Could you say me where is the problem?
To close the issues.
For micro-interruptions with Moode 7.1 i setted-up
Audio buffer size = 48 mb
Output buffet size = 512 mb
Input cache = 512 mb

And seems to be solved.

For the audio playback that stops playing was the due to the Android power saving that kills app process. Without it issue is solved.