Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: FluxFM stations - stream interruptions
Hi, I'm not sure if the support portion of the forum is an appropriate section but since Moode comes with a significant amount of FluxFM stations pre-installed I thought I'd post my experience to see if anybody else can confirm a similar experience.

I've tried a handful of FluxFM stations (Hard Rock and MetalFM, for example) which are 320kbps streams and 100% of the time they're able to load and play, but I'd say 90+% of the time they suffer from stutter and pausing resulting from the buffer being run-out from lack of bandwidth.  I've tried the stations on two moode installations (different PI, different internet) and also on a Yamaha home theatre amp with internet radio functionality - same resulting stutter issue.

As a curiosity I connected to Germany through my VPN service and didn't seem to have any issue streaming - I'm thinking that maybe they're limiting the bandwidth going out of Germany / Europe?  I'm based in Ontario Canada, and my internet at both locations I tried are 1Gbps and 500Mbps download speed so it's definitely not a bandwidth issue on my end (Radio Paradise 320kbps / FLAC stations work just fine anyway).  Anyway, just looking to make sure I'm not crazy!
I have the same issue. It prolly is some sort of bandwidth/cost limiting by the broadcaster.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@Rees86

Here in Maryland I've been listening to FluxFM - Hard Rock since I saw your post. No interruptions here so far.

Code:
Audio Information
INPUT / OUTPUT
Source  http://streams.fluxfm.de/hardrock/mp3-320/streams.fluxfm.de/
Encoded at  VBR compression
Decoded to  24 bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo, 320 kbps
Destination  Local
Output rate  16 bit, 48 kHz, Stereo, 1.536 Mbps

This is moOde feeding a Creative USB-BT adapter (for my BT headphones).

FYI, my ISP is RCN. They aren't great but they seem good enough.

Regards,
Kent
I think its YMMV outside of Germany/Europe with these stations. I've played many of them for hours w/o any issues but other times they have lots of audio glitches prolly due to bandwidth limiting, server or CDN congestion, etc etc.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
How can music not receive the highest priority through all pipes and interconnections in the InterWeb™  Tongue
Thanks for confirming your experience.  I'm going to mark this as Solved since there's nothing much that can be done and will try my luck with the lower bitrate streams.