Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

5 inch display and no possibility of calibration
Hello everyone.
I decided to do a project on Moode with a display https://www.waveshare.com/5inch-HDMI-LCD-B.htm.
The problem is that after turning on everything works fine, but there is no access to the display by touching 1 cm around.
I've tried many ways but nothing helps.
There is a lot of help on the internet, but I don't want to act with moode.
Everything works fine on windows.
thank you in advance
Marcin
Note: Thread moved from "Support the project" to this sub-forum.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@mrudzin

Hi, Marcin.

You haven't told us any details of your setup, not even which model RPi or which release of moOde you are using, so let me say what I suspect is the case
  • you've connected the HDMI port of the display to the HDMI port of your RPi
  • you've connected the USB port of the display to one of the USB ports on your RPi
  • you've configured moOde to enable the local display function
  • the local display shows up on your 5" screen
  • the screen does not respond to your touch
If this is so, then Raspbian Pi OS still must be configured to accept signals from the touch screen and forward them to moOde. Was there not information on the vendor's website about drivers and touch configuration? (Note that moOde comes with built-in support only for the official Raspberry Pi 7-in touch screen which interfaces via SPI rather than HDMI/USB.)

Regards,
Kent
HI
I have actually provided little data.
I'm already improving Smile I have RPI 3B +, Audiophonics sound card and Saber 9038Q2M, 5-inch display with USB touch panel.
Moode version 7.0.1 is installed
After connecting and starting the display with the mouse, everything works fine.
The touch panel itself does not work at the edges of about 1 cm.
It's even fine in the middle of the display.
Calibration attempts as described by the manufacturer, unfortunately, fail.
I tried various combinations with the X server and the xinput_calibrator program.
I would like to launch this panel but have given up hope.
On a clean Raspbian in the latest version, it can be started and works correctly after calibration.
Ah.

Sorry, in this case I'd best let someone else familiar with this kind of setup make suggestions.

Regards,
Kent
(02-25-2021, 07:37 PM)mrudzin Wrote: HI
I have actually provided little data.
I'm already improving Smile I have RPI 3B +, Audiophonics sound card and Saber 9038Q2M, 5-inch display with USB touch panel.
Moode version 7.0.1 is installed
After connecting and starting the display with the mouse, everything works fine.
The touch panel itself does not work at the edges of about 1 cm.
It's even fine in the middle of the display.
Calibration attempts as described by the manufacturer, unfortunately, fail.
I tried various combinations with the X server and the xinput_calibrator program.
I would like to launch this panel but have given up hope.
On a clean Raspbian in the latest version, it can be started and works correctly after calibration.

moOde uses stock RaspiOS 10.6 and Linux kernel 5.4.77. The files that control attached displays are below.

/home/pi/.xinitrc
/lib/systemd/system/localui.service
/boot/config.txt
Chromium 84.0.4147.141 Built on Raspbian , running on Raspbian 10
- and all dependent packages and libraries for chromium and xserver

Maybe your raspbian build has a configuration that differs from moOde 7.0.1 in a way that affects your display. Maybe try to find settings or files that are different and contribute to the issue.
Enjoy the Music!
Hello
I am just looking for a solution because I cannot cope alone.
I have the original Moode 7.0.1 compilation downloaded from the website.
Unfortunately, I can't find a solution anywhere either at the display manufacturer or here.
I am still waiting for someone to help with this.
Situations like this typically require someone with the exact same display hardware thats willing to try to reproduce the issue and troubleshoot it.

Maybe someone with that particular display will offer some suggestions.
Enjoy the Music!