Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Radio Station Logos not showing
Hi,

I have been tinkering with moOde for a few days now, since my previous streaming hardware died. I put 7.0.1 on a Raspi 1B (!) I had in the drawer and so far I have actually been impressed. It runs pretty smooth even on such old hardware. Most of the setup issues I was able to resolve through internet research. However, there is one I did not manage to fix:

When I create a new radio station and choose a logo file, then the logo is shown in the station list. But it is not shown in the main playing screen or the control bar (?) overlay at the bottom left edge of the screen. Instead, I only get the default moOde™ image. For the preinstalled stations, the logos show fine, as well as for any other mp3 files.
I tried several logo files variants in terms of size created by Gimp, re-created caches, databases as far as I spotted them, rebooted, but it did not help.

Any proposals where to check for further debug data?

Thanks a lot.

Stefan
(02-28-2021, 01:04 PM)Jabba Wrote: Hi,

When I create a new radio station and choose a logo file, then the logo is shown in the station list. But it is not shown in the main playing screen or the control bar (?) overlay at the bottom left edge of the screen. Instead, I only get the default moOde™ image. For the preinstalled stations, the logos show fine, as well as for any other mp3 files.
Thanks a lot.

Stefan

Hi, Stefan.

Did you observe the note under the Playable URL line in the New Station panel?

Quote:Enter the URL to the actual stream and not to a playlist of stream links.

If you aren't sure, post the link you used.

Regards,
Kent
(02-28-2021, 02:34 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Hi, Stefan.

Did you observe the note under the Playable URL line in the New Station panel?

Quote:Enter the URL to the actual stream and not to a playlist of stream links.

If you aren't sure, post the link you used.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,

The link points to a *.m3u file and the station plays fine. But the station logo, that I uploaded from my computer by using the "choose" button does not show up in the places it should.
Here are some screen shots:
Station edit screen: The logo is shown.
Main playing screen: No logo shown.
Radio list screen: The logo is shown with the station, but not at the bottom left
With the preinstalled stations, the logo is shown everywhere.

Regards,
Stefan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Stefan,

Exactly my point. http://metafiles.gl-systemhaus.de/hr/hr3_2.m3u is a link to a playlist. Yes, moOde (more precisely, MPD) can deal with it, but the coverart code can't (a playlist doesn't have a cover).

Downloading the .m3u file, I find it contains a single URL

Code:
pi@xenon:~ $ cat hr3_2.m3u
http://hr-hr3-live.cast.addradio.de/hr/hr3/live/mp3/128/stream.mp3

Try that URL instead.

Regards,
Kent
Kent,

that works, indeed.  Thanks for your quick help.

I am still scratching my head though. Basically every radio station I know publishes their links as *.m3u files.
I read the line about not using playlists when creating the stations. But I did not consider that alle the links published were technically playlists. I thought as long as I am not using a *.pls file in this location, I would be good - and the m3u played in the end.

Maybe as a proposal for the Moode Team for a future release: Add the "bad" extensions to that sentence. Like "Do not use playlists (*.m3u, *.pls) here".

Again thanks and best regards,
Stefan
Hi, Stefan,

Here is the first sentence in the Wikipedia article for example

Quote:M3U (MP3 URL[1][2] or Moving Picture Experts Group Audio Layer 3 Uniform Resource Locator[3] in full) is a computer file format for a multimedia playlist.

Your suggestion is a good one. Thanks.

HR3 is fun listening, by the way. My German is very rusty but the DJ-talk is Denglish so I'm good!

Regard,
Kent

PS - don't forget to mark this thread "Solved".