Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

fixed output device possible ?
Hello, I am looking if it is possible to program or set the audio output to a fixed device.

I use a tube amp with USB input and its own DAC (Magnat MR780). This requires 30 seconds of preheat time after power on before it becomes active. Normally the correct sequence would be, first turn on the amp, wait 30 seconds, then turn on the Rasperry.

my settings in normal state:
Output Device: MR780
Mixer Type : Hardware
Autoplay After Start: on

My problem is now the following: Unfortunately, it happens occasionally that I (or my wife) do not keep this order and the Raspberry is already started before the amp is active. Moodeaudio then sets the Output Device in the MPD Settings to "PI HDMI1" and the Mixer Type to "Software" and Autoplay is deactivated.

I have to manually change this every time the boot process of the two devices Amp and Pi is executed incorrectly and then perform a reboot so that everything works again.

Side note: When Moodeaudio is shut down in radio mode, the whole thing is no problem at all, the output device stays on my MR780. Only if I play my own music files, shutdown and start the boot process wrong the output device changes to PI HDMI1.

So here is my question: Is there a way to fix the output device so that it can not be changed automatically ?
A few of us have seen this issue with USB DACs.  It should be resolved in Moode 7.1.0:

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...8#pid30818

And in the change list for 7.1.0:

UPD: Persist configured USB device in MPD Config

Thumbs Up 
good to know, thank you  Smile