Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

equalization AND crossfeed
@Alaini93 we where just talking abou a hypothetical implementation and the impact on moOde
So currently there is no planned intention to my knowledge to actually make it unless a dev volunteers for it.

CamillaDSP FIR filters required an impulse response specific for each sample rate.
So you have to resample everything to the same rate or supply the impulse reposen for each samplerate.
Or you use such filters only with specific music,

AutoEq supply defaults the IR's for 44k1 and 48k. But you can generate for other samplerates your self.
If you use the AutoEq PEQ setting you will not have the issue at all (work with any samplerate)

Depending on your CamillaDSP configuration (assumed you only have ir for 44k1 and 48k):
  • it will not play with anyother samplerate, which resulta in a error message in moOde.
  • or play it with a wrong ir file for this sample rate.
CamilladDSP can not dynamically bypass the configuration on a invalid match.
Thanks for the clarification
(03-02-2021, 03:27 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @the_bertrum

I feel like I'm only a few pages ahead of you in a very big reading assignment Tongue 

I know the theory but I'm not proficient with the practice.

As a teaser, I've received a private communication showing a trial construction of a crossfeed solution implemented in CamillaDSP. Lots to be done yet, but very promising.

In principle, CamillaDSP can subsume everything else but in practice it's hard to beat the simpler user menus for the existing equalizers. Kinda like using a drill press instead of a 5-axis machining center when all you want to do is make a hole.

Regards,
Kent

I too would love both EQ and crossfeed.  I am perfectly willing to do it manually in the DSP interface, but I'm not sure how to implement the cross feed portion...
@tgray follow the links in http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=3617 and you will be fine ;-)
Sorry @bitlab I'm not clear what are the steps to run files from AutoEq and Linkwitz_1971.yml together.

I uploaded AutoEq files in "Convolution File" set them in "Quick convolution filter"
I uploaded Linkwitz in "Pipeline configuration".
then what?
@Alaini93  What headphones are you using?

I made some EQ and crossfeed setup files for the AKG K702 headphones with CamillaDSP.  Some of the are combining Linkwitz_1971.yml with EQ.

You might be able to use them as a template for your own headphones?

I chose to use PEQ instead of convolution, because it is independent of bitrate, and therefore works for all bitrates.

My files are here: https://github.com/jensgk/akg_k702_camilladsp_eq
@jensgk thanks, I'm using Philips SHP9500.
ok you created a file, but there is no way to just upload AutoEq and Linkwitz files and Camilla do its magic?
if no, then I will try to manually create my file from your example. what a pain.
(05-14-2021, 07:43 PM)Alaini93 Wrote: @jensgk thanks, I'm using Philips SHP9500.
ok you created a file, but there is no way to just upload AutoEq and Linkwitz files and Camilla do its magic?
if no, then I will try to manually create my file from your example. what a pain.

No, you can't just upload the AutoEq or Linkwitz files.

Yeah, it is a bit of a pain, but you only have to do it once :-)

You should start with downloading this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sc2wanrbrqe0qn...0.pdf?dl=0

Also you can start with my file "AKG_K702_EQ_CamillaDSP_ORA.yml"

What you need to change in my files are each of the lines of the small table in the lower left, called "Filter settings". You only need the values Frequency, Gain and Q-factor. The BW/S are not used here.

The EQ filters starts in line 49.

The first thing you need to change is line 53: the preamp gain, which is -8.0 in your case:

PhilipsSHP9500_oratory1990_20042019_gain:
   type: Gain
   parameters:
     gain: -8.0

The first band is a bit tricky, because Oratory1990 uses "Q-factor" for Lowshelf filters, but CamillaDSP needs "slope", therefore I have calculated the slope for you :-)

In line 55 to 62 you need to input band 1. Your values are:

PhilipsSHP9500_oratory1990_20042019_band01:
   type: Biquad
   parameters:
     type: Lowshelf
     freq: 60
     gain: 8.0
     # slope(Q=0.7, gain=8) => 11.78296
     slope: 11.78296

In line 64 to 70 you need to input Band 2:

PhilipsSHP9500_oratory1990_20042019_band02:
   type: Biquad
   parameters:
     type: Peaking
     freq: 200
     gain: -1.5
     q: 2.0

The rest of the bands are all of the same type as Band 2, but with other values for frequency, gain and q..  

I hope this makes it easier..

/Jens
ok thanks, I'll give it a try  Wink
I get a MDP error, failed to open audio output, when trying to play. The song starts for half a second and stops.
Something in device I should change maybe?
Edit: deleted