Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Difficulty with Linux Mint using Moode as an A2DP sink
@Tim Curtis there is no way for _any_ owner of a Chromebook running ChromeOS to "just update Pulseaudio". The bad release of Pulseaudio is out there in the wild in it will be several more years till all those devices have been obsoleted.

Whatever happened to Postel's Law? Smile
After re-reading the thread it appears that (1) the blues-alsa maintainer considers this a Pulsaudio issue, (2) the Pulseaudio maintainer has fixed it, and (3) there is a workaround (recompile bluez-alsa) for older Chromebooks that have the "bad" version of Pulseaudio.

I'm not seeing a reason to change the build recipe for bluez-alsa in moOde and risk regressions and support issues.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
There still seems to be a misunderstanding.

This Chromebook is running the very latest release of ChromeOS. Unless you have confirmation from other ChromeOS users that everything is fine with *their* model, I think you must assume that moode currently works with _none_ of them.

Is there a way we could get current moode users that happen to have a Chromebook to test this out somehow? Call for testing?

Also, you mention that this might cause a regression, but I see no way this can happen at all. Please have a look at src/io.c in bluez-alsa where there's this check exactly 3x:

#if ENABLE_PAYLOADCHECK                                                                                                                                        
               if (rtp_header->paytype < 96) {
                       warn("Unsupported RTP payload type: %u", rtp_header->paytype);
                       continue;
               }
#endif      

How could not having this check regress anything? When removed, the quantity of accepted inputs is strictly higher than with the check.

Regards
Opi
The payload check is there for a reason, prolly standards compliance, otherwise bluez-alsa maintainer would simply delete it. It defaults to "enabled" which works for the vast majority of bluetooth sources.

This is not a moOde issue. Google should include the fixed Pulseaudio in its updates to Chrome OS.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Ok, this will be my last post on the subject.
Instead of speculating about standards compliance, one could also look at the standard or some of the documentation, e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTP_payload_formats or https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3551#section-6

There, you can see what the payload type actually signifies. It's mostly audio and video streams and I was under the impression moOde's goal was to be useful and compatible with a wide variety of devices.

So we have a 1-line change in moOde vs. getting big corporations to update their software (lol) and end users using, say Linu,x Mint like the thread starter to update all their systems they want this to work with.

The return on investment seems a bit lopsided to me :/