Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Difficulty with Linux Mint using Moode as an A2DP sink
(07-30-2018, 06:59 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Maybe @Koda59 or @badbat75 could have a look :-)

I'm getting close to releasing 4.3 along with a 4.2 --> 4.3 update and so this would be a perfect opportunity to slipstream this fix into the Builder as long as its low risk for creating regressions.

-Tim

Fer shure I'd like to hear from them.
Thank you, Kent and Tim (and the other relevant team members) for all your hard work on this! I just sent a donation your way. It's not much, relative to the amount of enjoyment I've gotten from the moOde software, but I'm a starving student. :-)  I'll look forward to 4.3 (hopefully with this fix) when it comes out.

Regards,
William
(07-30-2018, 07:11 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 06:59 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Maybe @Koda59 or @badbat75 could have a look :-)

I'm getting close to releasing 4.3 along with a 4.2 --> 4.3 update and so this would be a perfect opportunity to slipstream this fix into the Builder as long as its low risk for creating regressions.

-Tim

Must be thinking of a mic or headphones ;-)

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-31-2018, 10:50 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 07:11 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

-Tim

Must be thinking of a mic or headphones ;-)

Actually, my first stereo cartridge, the Shure M3D Dynetic, back in the day, about the time I could finally afford my second KLH speaker with my meager earnings from a summer job. Stereo at last!

But now that you mention them, we do use a mix of Shure and Sennheiser wireless mics in our high school. theatre.
Tim and Team, thanks for all the hard work you've put into 4.3; I just ran the updater from 4.2-->4.3. I went ahead and tried to use the bluetooth renderer again via a pulseaudio client on my laptop. I know there was talk about compiling bluesalsa for version 4.3 with the

"--disable-payloadcheck"

flag used so that

"/usr/bin/bluealsa: Unsupported RTP payload type: 1"

conditions would be ignored, but I'm still getting those messages in /var/log/syslog (and no sound output by the bluetooth renderer). Is there anything more I would need to do? Maybe install moode again from scratch, instead of just using the update? Or did the change not end up making it into 4.3 after all?

Thanks!
(10-02-2018, 03:13 PM)willyside Wrote: Tim and Team, thanks for all the hard work you've put into 4.3; I just ran the updater from 4.2-->4.3. I went ahead and tried to use the bluetooth renderer again via a pulseaudio client on my laptop. I know there was talk about compiling bluesalsa for version 4.3 with the

"--disable-payloadcheck"

flag used so that

"/usr/bin/bluealsa: Unsupported RTP payload type: 1"

conditions would be ignored, but I'm still getting those messages in /var/log/syslog (and no sound output by the bluetooth renderer). Is there anything more I would need to do? Maybe install moode again from scratch, instead of just using the update? Or did the change not end up making it into 4.3 after all?

Thanks!

Sorry, I think this was a case of collective inaction. 

Back in July there was a round of discussion in the test-team section of this forum about this type check. I had shown disabling it seemed to allow bluesalsa to accept PulseAudio source but I couldn't determine if doing so would open up the possibility of other problems. The last post in that discussion was from @badbat75 suggesting I take it up with @Arkq, the author of bluesalsa, which I didn't get around to doing. The subject had been raised with @Arkq earlier by others; he considers pulseaudio to be in error and while he made a change to bluesalsa in the summer which allows for more payload type values than just 96 it still treats type value less than 96 as an error. Meanwhile, I expect Tim delayed adding the disable flag in his build, expecting a resolution to come from the bluesalsa side.

You can recompile bluesalsa in moOde r4.3 yourself if you choose. The recipe (less the disable flag we're discussing) is contained in the script mosbuild_worker.sh which is downloaded when one executes mosbuild.sh. I can PM you the steps if you wish.

Regards,
Kent
Thank you, Kent. I've PM'd you.

William
I am also affected on Ubuntu 18.04, but it appears the issue has now been fixed in PulseAudio

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudi...ddccbd19dc

Adrian.
Please set --disable-payloadcheck for the next version of Moode. It's unlikely to make anything worse for devices that send bogus data, but it at least fixes my Acer Chromebook R13 (and likely all ChromeOS devices, to be honest) as they seem stuck on the older pulseaudio version.

I've just manually recompile bluez-alsa according to the recipe and this makes sound work!
Why not just update Pulseaudio?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub