Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: LG65SJ800T LGTV not rendering moOde audio interface in webOS Google
Hello,

I am running a 65" LGTV Model LG65SJ800T with the latest Firmware Software 06.00.05.   The LG TV is connected to the network via ethernet and my Onkyo eArc HDMI into AVR (along with pi via a separate HDMI port into the Onkyo AVR).

The TV screen shows the Raspberry Pi 4 B model (connected to HDMI 0) during the boot up sequence on screen.  

So first, if the eArc is showing the Raspberry pi boot sequence then we know the eArc is working with the pi and Onkyo, therefore, is it possible to load mooDe Audio interface directly without a browser needed?

Because, when I go into the webOS and launch Google with the network address (or moode.local) where the pi/moOde audio resides, the browser seems to start to load moOde audio but stops at a blank white screen with the navigation "m" in the top right corner and a little hand when I hoover over it.  However, nothing happens when I cick the "m" and the moOde player never renders on screen.  

So secondly, is there any known issues with webOS loading moOde via the network address (or moode.local) and Google?
(03-15-2021, 05:43 AM)CoppolaVH Wrote: Hello,

I am running a 65" LGTV Model LG65SJ800T with the latest Firmware Software 06.00.05.   The LG TV is connected to the network via ethernet and my Onkyo eArc HDMI into AVR (along with pi via a separate HDMI port into the Onkyo AVR).

The TV screen shows the Raspberry Pi 4 B model (connected to HDMI 0) during the boot up sequence on screen.  

So first, if the eArc is showing the Raspberry pi boot sequence then we know the eArc is working with the pi and Onkyo, therefore, is it possible to load mooDe Audio interface directly without a browser needed?

Because, when I go into the webOS and launch Google with the network address (or moode.local) where the pi/moOde audio resides, the browser seems to start to load moOde audio but stops at a blank white screen with the navigation "m" in the top right corner and a little hand when I hoover over it.  However, nothing happens when I cick the "m" and the moOde player never renders on screen.  

So secondly, is there any known issues with webOS loading moOde via the network address (or moode.local) and Google?

I'm not sure I understand this configuration description but it sounds like you are mixing apples and oranges when talking about what you see---HDMI display vs Internet communication.

The TV's webOS is just another browser. If you're not seeing a functional moOde webUI then some process(es) aren't running in moOde (MPD must be running, for example). 

Can you access the webUI from some other device (computer, tablet, phone)?

I just tried accessing one of my moOde players from a recent-model LG TV. The webUI came up fresh as paint. IMO this rules out there being some problem with the javascript engine in the LG webOS.

Regards,
Kent
(03-15-2021, 11:57 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this configuration description but it sounds like you are mixing apples and oranges when talking about what you see---HDMI display vs Internet communication.

The TV's webOS is just another browser. If you're not seeing a functional moOde webUI then some process(es) aren't running in moOde (MPD must be running, for example). 

I just tried accessing one of my moOde players from a recent-model LG TV. The webUI came up fresh as paint. IMO this rules out there being some problem with the javascript engine in the LG webOS.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent, 

Yes moode renders on the browser and runs well on my android Chrome browser using the IP location, and from my Windows 10 Chrome browser using moode.local.  It is only on the LG TV webOS browser that it seemingly hangs when loading.  I say hangs, because it is a white screen with the "m" in the top right corner for the moode configuration section.   So, this issue is isolated to the LG TV running Google under webOS.
(03-15-2021, 12:03 PM)CoppolaVH Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 11:57 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent, 

Yes moode renders on the browser and runs well on my android Chrome browser using the IP location, and from my Windows 10 Chrome browser using moode.local.  It is only on the LG TV webOS browser that it seemingly hangs when loading.  I say hangs, because it is a white screen with the "m" in the top right corner for the moode configuration section.   So, this issue is isolated to the LG TV running Google under webOS.

I also have a second LG similar model but running 05.30.10 firmware, but similar response.  When I put the network address in it returns "This web page not available" and moode.local goes out to the web and returns a search from the internet.   Ie. Both LG TVs act similar, and not accessing moode player like Android phone or Windows running Chrome.
If the moOde webUI is fully functional on other devices then the issue would seem to be with your TV.

I have an LG model 32LM620BPUA (you could fit four of my screens in your 65" model!). I think this model was new in 2020 but I don't know for sure.

It came with firmware version 04.72.10 and recently auto-upgraded to version 05.00.03. My moOde 7.1.0 (Test Release 3) webUI is working just fine in both. I am unable to reproduce your symptoms.

Aside: This is the first time I've tried using the TV as my moOde controller. What a painful experience when all I have for a user input device is the TV remote.

Regards,
Kent

For Displays connected to Pi via HDMI:
- Menu, Configure, System
- HDMI port ON
- LocalUI display ON
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-15-2021, 02:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

For Displays connected to Pi via HDMI:
- Menu, Configure, System
- HDMI port ON
- LocalUI display ON

As a solve for this problem, I settled on a better word around.  

LG and Samsung have an app for my phone which allows me to cast the phone to the TV at the full aspect ratio of the TV (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hj2GRcpYxU).  Therefore, I get the best of both worlds in that I can still control moode via my phone, while displaying on the TV the moode app with album art and track details.  It goes without saying you can do the same via a laptop or PC on the network by duplicating the screen to the TV.  Extending it does not work, so you loose a little resolution versus the phone casting, but at least there is flexibility if you need to free up your phone, but still want to show album art.  One upside of the TV duplicated is you get "full" view of moode as opposed to the android which does not open in full view.

The moode app looks very nice and it makes the experience more inclusive for others in the room listening and watching on the LG 65".  So, problem solved.
Latest build of Moode ha "Local Display" functionality in the System area that renders from the Pi hooked in through my AVR as well as the 65" LGTV Model LG65SJ800T is also eArac via HDMI cable into the AVr and the new screen rendering works fine now.