Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

USB Disk request
Hello all,

First of all, I must thanks everybody involved into the Moode project, it is really a great pieace of software!

I'm using Moode Audio on a Raspberry PI 3B+ for at least one year now.
The PI is connected via WiFi to my house network.
I installed a dirty cheap chinese ES9023 DAC, connected via few cables to the PI.
I also built a custom power supply, nicely filtered.
Connected to the PI is a USB external Hard Disk, where my whole Audio library (about 300 Gb of FLAC files) resides.
The DAC output is then connected to my old (40 yo) but great HiFi system.
I use the built-it web interface and MALP to control Moode Audio.
Everything works fine, but I have a request for you.
Since the USB HDD is quite large (2TB), I'd like to use it as a secondary backup device for some of my other data (pictures, video, etc.).
My question is: s there  a way to tell Moode Audio (or Better, to MPD) which directory to scan for music and which one to ignore?
I'd like to make it scan only the directory I want, mainly the one where the Audio library exist.
How to do that?

However, as told, Moode Audio is great!
(03-16-2021, 05:51 PM)croccodillo Wrote: Hello all,

First of all, I must thanks everybody involved into the Moode project, it is really a great pieace of software!

I'm using Moode Audio on a Raspberry PI 3B+ for at least one year now.
The PI is connected via WiFi to my house network.
I installed a dirty cheap chinese ES9023 DAC, connected via few cables to the PI.
I also built a custom power supply, nicely filtered.
Connected to the PI is a USB external Hard Disk, where my whole Audio library (about 300 Gb of FLAC files) resides.
The DAC output is then connected to my old (40 yo) but great HiFi system.
I use the built-it web interface and MALP to control Moode Audio.
Everything works fine, but I have a request for you.
Since the USB HDD is quite large (2TB), I'd like to use it as a secondary backup device for some of my other data (pictures, video, etc.).
My question is: s there  a way to tell Moode Audio (or Better, to MPD) which directory to scan for music and which one to ignore?
I'd like to make it scan only the directory I want, mainly the one where the Audio library exist.
How to do that?

However, as told, Moode Audio is great!
You can create a text file called .mpdignore in the root of the drive containing file/directory name patterns that you want mpd to ignore when scanning.
Otherwise you can just create an empty .mpdignore ignore file in any directory (other than your music directory for example) and those directories will not be scanned.
(03-16-2021, 06:14 PM)vinnn Wrote: You can create a text file called .mpdignore in the root of the drive containing file/directory name patterns that you want mpd to ignore when scanning.
Otherwise you can just create an empty .mpdignore ignore file in any directory (other than your music directory for example) and those directories will not be scanned.

I tried both solutions (.mpdignore in the root with the list of the directories to exclude, and different empty ones in each directory to be excluded), but this does not work for me.
The USB HDD is formatted with a NTFS file system, just for my convenience; could this be the reason?
Should I format it with a different file system?
What about ExFAT?

I would avoid ext3 or ext4, if I can: I really like them (and use extensively in other applications), but my Windows computers don't like them at all.
Of course if I need to, I will try that route too.
Nevermind, I forgot to write the needed wildcards into the .mpdignore file.
Once I put an asterisk into it, everything started to work as expected.