Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Spotify connect with eq
Hi all,
Totally new pi user here (4). Running latest moode through ext usb dac for streaming, mainly via spotify connect. Works great overall. However when enabling either eq (haven't tried camilla dsp yet), spotify can connect to pi, but then loses it almost immediately and can no longer 'see' pi as a connect device. When going back to web ui, it says it it still connected to spotify. Issue resolved when eq turned off again. Out of interest, I have the exact same problem if I select mpd->bluetooth option in bt settings.

I'm a total amateur in all things pi so any help appreciated.

Matt
So it appeared the issue was related to the hardware i.e. dac, which admittedly was a rather archaic mbox mini 2. When I selected the 3.5mm output on the pi, I was able to apply eq and maintain connection with spotify fairly reliably. I also tried a beringer uca202 card with success. The fun part was then generating impulse responses in rew and applying some convolution eq via camilla dsp. Worked great to smooth out the low end in my 2 channel system.
The Spotify renderer can't play over bluetooth, only MPD can do that.

I don't recall seeing your issue in testing but I don't have a Premium account anymore so maybe someone with one can try and repro this.

ETA: I see that you resolved the issue :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub