Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: UPnP - CamillaDSP
Lightbulb 
(06-29-2021, 11:04 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: Are you using OpenHome or AV?

UPnP A/V

(06-29-2021, 01:44 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @TRiNGT3

I am not a regular UPnP user but in a quick sanity check with stock moOde 7.3.0 on a WiFi-connected RPi4B outputting audio via a USB-BT transceiver to Sennheiser earphones and C-DSP set to 'flat' configuration:

1. UPnP renderer enabled in UPnP-A/V service mode.

Using mconnectPlayerLite on my iPad, I can select, play, and stop a track, jump among tracks, etc., without a problem.

2. UPnP renderer enabled in OpenHome service mode.

Using LUMIN on my iPad, I can do the same.

I have access to an iPad, so I can test mconnectPlayerLite as a different control point when I get a chance.

(06-29-2021, 04:41 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: I concur with the findings of @TheOldPresbyope, I've tested quite extensively with the UPnP renderers and various EQ functions on all the 7 series releases (test release and general release), they all have been working well when released into the wild.
I have seen problems of this kind when the moOde renderer has changed (upgrade, switch UPnP type, just rebooted even) and a control point that was attached previously seems to need refreshing.  In some cases normal service is only resumed after the control point, moOde and the router between have all been rebooted.

I'm currently not questioning the UPnP renderer itself, as this has been reliable/stable for weeks, if not months on end. Bringing in C-DSP into the chain has caused some problems, however I suspect something else in the chain may be influencing it.

Just quoting previous posts (top of the previous page) from bitlab:-
Quote:So we can take entire upnp subsystem and upmpdcli out of the picture. Leaves the mpd http input module and alsa_cdsp plugin.

Quote:I finally found the cause of the problem: the curl input plugin.

And to be specific it seems not the code om the mpd curl plugin in itself, but the used version of libcurl which does do the heafty lifting for the http transport.

Using the above idea to further test different aspects. There are additional streaming parameters within the UPnP MediaRenderer Output Foobar component (control point) to see if it helps the situation:
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?ti...rer_Output

I'll perform further testing when I get around to it and report back.

Much appreciated all for the feedback.
@TRiNGT3

I was just rereading your first post and want to be sure I understand your installation. Did you update an existing 7.2.1 player to 7.3.0 (which is what I infer from your post) or did you do a fresh install from Tim's moode-r730-iso.zip file?

There's always the possibility that the two methods arrive at a slightly different installation. Not supposed to, but like the old proverb says "there's many a slip twixt cup and lip" (a favorite saying of my grandmother).

In my case, I did my tests on a fresh install of 7.3.0. 

Regards,
Kent