Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Suddenly stop playing
Hi,

I post this problem again, because the former title "mpd service 100%" was misleading.

While playing a radiostation via BT suddenly the music stopped playing. 

I had this event 2 times in an intervall of 3 days. That mpd service processes had 100% CPU on 2 of the 4 threads of my Raspi 3 CPU.

Stopping the sercvice with "systemctl stop mpd" did not stop it. Only killing.

After that, starting with "systemctl start mpd" was successfull, and I was able to start the playback again.

The loglevel was verbose, but /var/log/mpd/log contained no recognizable error message.

Now I changed back the loglevel to default and watch again the behaviour.

Did someone discover something similar ?

Onurbi
Hi,

If there are no obvious errors in mpd/log or segfaults in syslog then it could be a network issue thats not being handled very gracefully in the Bluetooth stack or in MPD, or its bug. Either way you would need to come up with steps that could be used to reproduce the issue.

You could also try to get some BT diagnostics starting with below. The btmon utility dumps out a lot of information...

systemctl status bluetooth
systemctl status bluealsa
sudo btmon

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-04-2018, 07:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Either way you would need to come up with steps that could be used to reproduce the issue.

I know, this would be to optimum.

(08-04-2018, 07:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You could also try to get some BT diagnostics starting with below. The btmon utility dumps out a lot of information...

systemctl status bluetooth
systemctl status bluealsa
sudo btmon

I'm looking forward to the result of appling the diagnostics next time.

Onurbi
The challenge with using the btmon util is that it needs to be running when the event occurs.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-05-2018, 03:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The challenge with using the btmon util is that it needs to be running when the event occurs.

Yessss Dodgy