Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Radio URLs
I should have added that MConnect reports an error when I try to play the KUSC track. No information is given as to what kind of error.
OK, so your LINN control points are clearly OpenHome, that rules some things out. Is it only radio streams that you have an issue with, this all works for any local files (local on your network rather than streamed from the internet I mean) you may have I suppose? Assuming that is correct there must be something odd in the way that the Linn control point is fetching the file to play. I've downloaded the "Kazoo" app to my phone and desktop to have a play, and I must say I can't find a way to add radio stations directly, and I also notice that BBC Radio 3 is already in the list of stations on the "Radio" tab. What [procedure do you use to add streaming URLs in your setup?
----------------
Robert
I've been having a play with playlist served from my minimserver as a way of streaming radio urls over UPnP on hunch that this might be what you are doing. It was all behaving most oddly until I turned off CamillaDSP, at which point things became better. I found that the first stream I sent when CamillaDSP was on would work fine, but if I switched to a stream with a different bitrate or file type then the next stream would not play, the control point would lock up with respect to the moOde renderer (I could swap to other renderers though) and I lost control over the moOde playlist.

Once I discovered this I went back to the Linn Kazoo on my desktop and find that all the playlists work there as well as long as CamillaDSP is off. So the obvious question is....

CamillaDSP, on or off?
----------------
Robert
(05-20-2021, 02:02 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: ... playlist served from my minimserver

It was all behaving most oddly until I turned off CamillaDSP, at which point things became better.  I found that the first stream I sent when CamillaDSP was on would work fine, but if I switched to a stream with a different bitrate or file type then the next stream would not play, the control point would lock up with respect to the moOde renderer (I could swap to other renderers though) and I lost control over the moOde playlist.

This may an irrelevancy, but the phrase I highlighted triggered a memory that there is a companion minimstreamer module which can, among other things,

Quote:* Play a network stream such as an internet radio station on a music player that doesn't have native support for playing the stream. MinimStreamer can do this for icecast radio streams and for BBC radio streams in MPEG-DASH or HLS format.

* Transcode a network stream such as an internet radio station. The network stream is transcoded "on the fly" and sent to your music player. For example, you can transcode an AAC/ADTS network stream to a WAV stream.

I've got nothing else Confused

Regards,
Kent