Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Setting fixed ip address in moode 4.2
I have set up my router to supply a fixed ip address for using moode on my Raspberry pi,.

ip address 192.168.1.107

mac address 74: DA: 38: E2: 32: E1

the addresses were obtained from the moode 4.2 system log.

Some times when I reboot, my pi uses the following ip/mac addresses, annd I don't know why? 

ip address 192.168.1.215

mac address B8: 27: EB: 5A: 9D: 5A

Any one have any ideas how to cure this problem, perhaps set a static ip address in moode?

I use a app called Soundiox on my ipad which needs a fixed ip address to display cover art etc.
As far as I can see, the firts MAC belongs to a Company called Edimax Technologie Co. Ltd. Only the second given MAC (B8:27:EB:5A:9D:5A) is used by Raspberry.

Regards
  duke.g

2x RPi 3B, 1x RPi 4, Moode 8; 4k flac Songs; 180k MP3 Songs; Asset-UpnP 184k Songs
The blues has got a hold of me, I believe I'm gettin' dizzy - ZZ Top
(08-07-2018, 09:50 AM)kit1cat Wrote: I have set up my router to supply a fixed ip address for using moode on my Raspberry pi,.

ip address 192.168.1.107

mac address 74: DA: 38: E2: 32: E1

the addresses were obtained from the moode 4.2 system log.

Some times when I reboot, my pi uses the following ip/mac addresses, annd I don't know why? 

ip address 192.168.1.215

mac address B8: 27: EB: 5A: 9D: 5A

Any one have any ideas how to cure this problem, perhaps set a static ip address in moode?

I use a app called Soundiox on my ipad which needs a fixed ip address to display cover art etc.

If you have two WiFi adapters active at the same time this could happen. Turn the Pi integrated adapter off in System config then reboot.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks guys, the Pi integrated wifi adapter is off, I use a Edimax usb wifi adaptor. I will try turning the integrated on and off again.
You can verify the off setting is applied by the cmd

cat /boot/config.txt which should contain the line below

dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi

Also via the command ifconfig

it should only list eth0, lo and wlan0. If it also lists wlan1 then problem.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks Tim, verified that integrated wifi is off, rebooted with correct ip address, so fingers crossed.